Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user need help
Exclaimation 
New user need help
Hello everyone.
A few days ago my friend gave me a used remstar pro cpap.
By constantly testing different modes and pressures, I could never find a parameter close to pass, so far I found that pressure 17 is the best ahi I can get, but it is also greater than 10 or more, the strong blowing force makes me often wake up in the night with air leakage, the excessive pressure also causes my stomach to fill with air, almost every two hours I will wake up, usually I take off the mask after waking up, this can make me sleep continuously for seven or eight hours, my My mask is resmed air fit f20, my data analysis is attached below, please save me, let me experience a sleep like never before!

more date

more data

more data

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user need help
I have never used your type of machine and I just am not familiar with which settings to help with BUT I do see one main problem - positional apnea. Positional apnea is where you sleep in a position that cuts off your own airway. Think of it as a kinked water hose. Until you stop the kink, no pressure you put in the hose will allow the water past the kink.

You have a kink in your airway. We call it chin tucking (positional apnea) where your chin drops down to your sternum and closes your air way. Many times it is from sleeping on your back or with too high of pillows forcing your chin to your sternum.

The best was we have found to stop chin tucking is with a collar. I have link to collars at the bottom of the post. This link shows people without and the same people with collars and it is a huge difference.

I'm sure there will be others that have used your machine and can help with pressures but what will help the MOST is ending the positional apnea with a collar.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,152 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.