Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user, need troubleshooting help
Gross 
New user, need troubleshooting help
Hello!  I'm here after finally remembering to check reddit for advice and saw someone recommended this board.

I'm new and I'm not having a lot of success despite desperately wanting to.

I use the resmed airsense 11 with airfit f20 full face mask. I like the full face mask because I do wear a mouth guard and will mouth breathe all night without anything.

The problem that I'm having is that every night I put my mask on and fall asleep without issue and then at some point in the night BTW 32_3 hours) the pressure reaches the max and tries to flee off of my face.  I'm a very tired person and it's super annoying so I usually take the whole thing off without even fully waking. 

So I'm getting only about 2 hours a night on the machine and six months worth of appointments haven't really helped me figure this out. I did get them to reduce the pressure a little to see if that would help but it has not.  Event with all of that being said, I can tell the difference on the rare occasion I get a full night. 

In addition to this, I can't order new supplies thru insurance because I'm not compliant. It's become a very expensive thing to not be working. I need to average4+ hrs per night for them to pay one penny.  Also worth noting, I am a side sleeper. 

So the other night one of the clips on the headgear broke and I need to order more + resupply and I was thinking about whether or not i should even bother trying to get all new supplies out of pocket and then remembered to check reddit so here I am!

I looked around and it seems like mask leaks for side sleepers is a common issue with the f20. I saw someone recommend getting the headgear for the Amara mask and I wanted to check with the group to see if I need to know anything before I try that or really just see if anyone else has additional advice before I try again!

Thanks for your time
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user, need troubleshooting help
We can help many people to get good sleep but it is done with data. It could be many problems and we would just be guessing without data. We get the data from OSCAR which is a totally free program you can download at the top of this site.

You need a computer and SD card and card reader.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 465 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Treatment] Troubleshooting CPAP (VPAP) TiredAt8000 7 870 06-05-2022, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Peach25
  Need help troubleshooting. AHI was once under control and has now gone haywire. Mindbullets 4 761 06-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,130 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Troubleshooting help, battery backup related. mckevin32 6 1,614 11-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: mckevin32
  418P diagnose and troubleshooting help David Giroux 2 1,483 01-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Troubleshooting a high leak rate the_apricot 4 4,210 11-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Last Post: the_apricot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.