Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user needs help!
RE: New user needs help!
@PLMNB: The AirFit F20, and AirSoft F20 use the same mask and head gear. The difference is the cushion that snaps into the mask piece that holds the head gear. One has silicone, and the other memory foam around it's edges. See this u-tube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s9vCgR06ZE
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: Welcome to the forum! There are a few ways to go about stopping mouth leak. 

1) use a chinstrap

2) place the tip of your tongue at the back of your top front teeth and let you tongue spread out on the roof of your mouth and gently suck in to create a vacuum. It will take practice and it’s possible you may never get it to work. I could not get it to stay there while sleeping.

3) a soft cervical collar will prevent your mouth from opening also.

4) taping your mouth shut. It seems extreme but it does work well for many members of the forum. 

5) the final option would be to try any combination of the above.

Personally I switched to a ResMed AirFit F30 with a soft cervical collar. I have excellent results with that combination. It keeps my mouth shut mostly throughout the night so I still get the benefits of nose breathing while sleeping and it also keeps my neck straight avoiding positional apneas. I went from averaging an AHI of 2 with some night as high as 6. To now having an average of under 1 over 30 days. 

Just a small piece of my story but I hope it is of help to you.

Great post!
I'm claustrophobic.  I simply don't have results wearing full face masks. Last I tried was the F20. It leaked badly every time I moved. I took it back.
My N20 and my home-made wedge under my chin work well together. I've tried tape, then Dr Dakota, and so many appliances like mouth guards for boxers...

I get best sleep quality with the n20 and my wedge.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2020, 05:08 PM)Barbara.Levitan Wrote: I am trying to get Oscar but so far it won’t copy to applications. Once I get it, how do I have my Mac read the sd  card? Can I use the same device that I use for my photo cards?

Thank you Trish

Trish I use an iMac and there's a card reader built in.
When you put your sd card in a card reader make sure it's write protected. That's the little slider on the side of the sd card.  When you're done, take the sd card out and push that tab back up so your machine can read it.

I've found OSCAR to be a very helpful resource. It replaces a long, long drive to my DME to have them look and download my card. It lets me understand what's going on.

Just telling you my story.  Give OSCAR a chance and the people here will really help you!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,129 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,218 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.