Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user of five days, 0.5 AHI reading valid?
New user of five days, 0.5 AHI reading valid?
I am a new user, five days on, and just realized my clinical menus were wide open, using the well-known two-button method...Thanksforum!

So, I was able to check my AHI which reads 0.5

Is this a worthwhile figure, considering this short usage time?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user of five days, 0.5 AHI reading valid?
That's a very good result. anything under 5 AHI is good. Under 1 is great!

While your here you might want to download sleepyhead software. With that and a SD card you can track all your detail data better than a Doctor.
There's a link below to sleepyhead.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Very good results. A lot of long term users don’t see numbers that low very often, if at all. Starting out with numbers that low, I wouldn’t be surprised if you see numbers even lower, maybe even the rare and coveted 0.00.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep in mind, this is just 5 days. We tend to look for trends, typically gathering and evaluating data over at least a ten day period.

Anything under 5 is great. It is how you feel that matters.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I looked my machine's basic stats in more detail today.

Found: Periodic Breathing 1%

I looked at the Wiki entry. So, it is a breathing interruption, but I did not get a clear understanding the nature of it, how important that is, and what this value means
Post Reply Post Reply
1 percent is nothing to worry about. If you started getting up around 10% or more every night than you'd want to let your Doctor know about it. A lot of times the machine will report PB when there really isn't any.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 151 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,369 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,235 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 143 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 140 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 356 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 247 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.