Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user on RESMED11
New user on RESMED11
Hi all! 
I'm really excited to be here. I'm in my late 30s and got dx with OSA at REM 36 API couple months ago.
I recently got my resmed11 (F30i) and been using it. The first month was a struggle and couldn't keep it on for more than 3 hours. My 2nd month in, this is my first week with at least 5 hrs of using it daily and feel like an acomplishment, but thinking it could be better. 
I had a bit trouble getting support from my doctor and the technician on how to use it and adjust it to my needs and saw this board.

I started on oscar and got the data. I'm not too tech-savvy, so I apologize if I didn't capture the right data.

If anyone can help look at my data and let me know if there are adjustments that are needed or descipher what this really means, that would be really greatful. Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user on RESMED11
Welcome. You did pretty well at posting your data. We would like to see all of the flow limit graph. You can make it fit by changing the height of the graphs by moving the line under each up a little using the mouse. Its obvious from the data that you have significant flow limitations which can be reduced using EPR.  it needs to be used full time, however, not just during ramp. I suggest a minimum pressure of 7 and a max of 15. (It won't go that high unless necessary.) The clustering of OA, especially on Jan. 31 indicates positional apnea, probably caused by tucking your chin to your chest. See this link; http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
I suggest you not use ramp unless you absolutely need it. If you keep it I suggest you increase the ramp pressure to 6. Most adults feel starved for air at a pressure of 4. Hope this helps.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your response. I've reuploaded the data.

I saw that EPR : There was 1,2,3.  Is there a difference in those by any chance?

Also for pressure usage, it was set to 4-16 prior, but i managed to get it lowered to 10.
I've had issues with the pressure blowing in the face and waking up by it when it was at 16.
Maybe it wasn't the pressure, but the EPR that was effecting it? 

Thank you again
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is a reduction in pressure by 1, 2, or 3cm. If your pressure is at 10 it reduces it to 7 when you exhale if set at 3. EPR would not cause the leak you described. Try min of 7,max 10, and EPR full time at 3.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried adjusting the EPR & the minimum pressure. It was definitely helpful when I woke up once and not feeling like the air is blowing in my face!

I did have the highest API to date.. Maybe the EPR setting makes it comfortable or less effective?

Thank you again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
See the clusters of OA events? Those indicate a positional apnea that no amount of pressure will fix. Try a pillow modification,1 vs 2, or a less firm flatter pillow, the idea being to keep the neck straight. If that doesn't work try a soft cervical collar (see the link in my signature) as a properly fitted (tall enough) collar has eliminated this issue overnight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon said what I was going to tell you with respect yo positional apnea. It is the reason your AHI was so high. EPR is not tho problem. It usually makes treatment more effective as well as more comfortable. In future data postings please limit the graphs to event flags, flow rate, pressure (not mask pressure), leak rate, and flow limits. Too many graphs make the data hard to read. I think once you deal with the positional apnea you will be pleased with your data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,155 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.