Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user sharing the start of my journey
New user sharing the start of my journey
Hi everyone 

Just getting started on this journey and have learned so much already on this forum 

Had some hiccups along the way and thought I would post for anyone like me who is just getting started

65 yr old male diagnosed in July with severe SA. First did an in home test that was inconclusive so ended up doing and in lab test and scored 48.6. If I had do it over again I would have just done the in lab test and saved $400

Decided originally to go the DME route - because I had met my deductible with the two sleep tests it was approx $300 cheaper going thru insurance. 

Here is where the problems began. DME told me they could supply me a Resmed 10 Autoset but it would be 4 weeks before they have stock. Did not realize at the time that they were a Philip’s vendor and would have issues supplying a Resmed device. The day before my appointment they rescheduled again two weeks out.

Arrive at the DME yesterday and instead of a Resmed they had a ResVent device. They could tell I was panicking at that point but they walked me thru the setup. I took the unit but by the time I got home I knew I had made a huge mistake and took it back. Luckily they were willing to take it back.

As a side note the ResVent does not have an option for a heated hose or a modem. To meet compliance you have to take the sd card to the DME each month for them to read.

This morning I was able to order a Resmed 10 Autoset from supplier 1 and should have it by end of day tomorrow 

Excited to start the journey and sure I will be posting again for support

Appreciate everything you guys do
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user sharing the start of my journey
Hi Smartyna!  -  Welcome
I'm glad to hear that you are getting the Resmed AS10.  To help you in your journey, I recommend that you download OSCAR (the link is in the name) and skim through the links in my signature.    While a lot of the information will appear foreign, it will sink in as time and experience is gained.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResVent appears to be some Chinese brand.  They make Ventilators to and are currently under EUA here in the US.  The wording is kind of vague I dont see CPAP listed.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coro...ories-euas

I wouldn't use this brand as I doubt they will be around long term.  Its also not supported by OSCAR.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for sticking to a ResMed 10 AutoSet. It's pretty much the gold standard.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] TiredButNotCranky's CPAP journey TiredButNotCranky 4 121 11 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 74 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,621 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 1,003 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,417 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 666 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,330 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.