Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user sleepyhead help
New user sleepyhead help
Hi folks,

I started CPAP 11 days ago. Attached is my sleepyhead data. I was originally prescribed 8cm of pressure, but I have what seemed like lots of events so I changed it to 8-9 and this seemed to help. Any other suggests. To my untrained eye, it doesn't look too bad for a newbie.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user sleepyhead help
I’m sure others will speak up, but at first glance it looks like you need a little more range between your min and max pressure. If you look at your chart you spent a fair amount of time at max pressure, and although you have some leaks, they aren’t significant.

I would probably keep the min at 8 to begin, and bump up the max to 11/12 cm. Because PR machines are a little slower to respond, you may need to up the min a little but I’m not sure I would go crazy with changes off the bat.

As with any changes, give it a few days to a week to see how you adapt to the changes before making any others.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'd increase the Maximum pressure to 15cm and let the machine find it's sweet spot.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If this were me I'd raise the max to 11, you are bumping into your max of 9.

The numbers are good, I suspect they could be a bit better.  Raising the max should do this.  Only to 11 because I don't want your pressure to run up to 20 though I don't think it would.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Also keep in mind you have only been using it for 11 days. By increasing the maximum, you are discovering where your pressure range should be.

But make changes slowly! Since you just raised it to 9, raise it higher now, then leave it alone. You are looking for trends, not what one night says.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  New CPAP user...Any help with sleepyhead results appreciated!!! pakuz757 10 2,306 03-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: JesseLee
  Sleepyhead Results (New User) jrdnduvall 14 3,109 11-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jrdnduvall
  New User Sleepyhead Screenshot JesseLee 5 1,517 09-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Last Post: JesseLee
  [Equipment] New user needs help picking ASV machine with great software. Sleepyhead? Others? gtrlum 4 1,530 06-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: gtrlum
  [Diagnosis] New user need help interpreting Sleepyhead results fyero 4 1,283 04-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Last Post: fyero
  New CPAP User Looking for Sleepyhead Data Interpretation pcplus2 5 1,702 02-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.