Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have you gotten your AHIs down to zero?
RE: Have you gotten your AHIs down to zero?
I had an AHI of zero once and I was disappointed because I didn't feel great. My AHI varies from 0.6 to 4 and I find that I feel the best when my AHI is 2-3 or so. I don't know why. I'm very lucky that any amount of CPAP pressure is beneficial to me, so I have good results at fixed pressure between 7 and 15 and APAP settings 10-18, BiPAP gives me huge ranges of settings that I still do well with (large amounts of pressure support make me feel more groggy in the morning). I'm not trying to brag or rub my personal experience in anyone's face, I'm very sympathetic and trully wish that those struggling would have a wonderful nights sleep. I only want to highlight that getting numbers low is great, but there is a time when chasing low numbers should not be as important as how you feel. For me, getting diet and stress under control would be hugely beneficial, but that is me.

My sleep study untreated AHI was 57
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 14 41 minutes ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Newbie question about AHIs WonderBunny 2 472 07-08-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: WonderBunny
  [Treatment] Wide variation in AHIs during the night? gillesw 4 562 08-18-2022, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Low AHIs, still wake up feeling awful with headaches suresk 4 1,186 05-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [CPAP] Help Needed - AHIs in the 60s-70s with super high Leak Rates ExitLightEnterNight 2 659 03-31-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  9 months in, starting to get tired again with good AHIs MF DOOM 1 657 06-11-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: MF DOOM
  Decent AHIs and feeling tired after 1.5 months of CPAP Therapy Michael.lee98120 3 765 06-07-2021, 03:38 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.