Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just a question
Just a question
I have just come home from hospital,Perth Australia.
On last Sunday morning I awoke with sever and very dense numbness on the right side of my face and teeth, creeping up over my head a little. I have had a previous stroke last year but on the left, with residual numbness finger tips and mouth. I have polycythemia a rare blood cancer which can cause this.

I went to hospital and it resolved in about 8 hours. I was admitted and had a mri scan which showed my old brain damage. Nothing new thank goodness. Probably migraine.

My question is, I had put the head gear from my fp simplus on my resmed mirage fx for her as it is comfortable for mr but me the mask.

I asked the dr could some kind of pressure be the cause of this, lying on my side in one spot. He said he had thought of it But the facial nerve is internal. I do use tape and a chin strap. But have done this almost from the beginning. I have hole in my sinus on that side from years ago and can't stand the pressure of the full face, tried many.

Has anyone heard of this ,would be grateful for any help from the very experienced and helpful people on the site..
Thanks. Sleepwell
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just a question
I once took my mask to my physical therapist to see if it was in any way interfering with my migraines since I sleep predominantly on my left side and my headaches stem from there. I sometimes have odd sensations around my left eye and the left side of my nose. I was using nasal pillows at the time but can't remember what the mask was.

Migraines are a brain thing, not a scalp thing (basically). So she ruled that out (which I already knew). She could not find a way that the mask would be pressing on a nerve long enough and hard enough, even night after night, to cause the weird sensations I was experiencing.

We just do not wear our headgear THAT tight to make be a problem on that level.

You can Google facial nerves or use Wikipedia to look at images and see where they go. Most of them come from the back of the head or up the neck. It would give you an idea of where they are and how it all comes together. And it's a mess!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just a question
Thanks Paula just clutching at straws. They concluded it was probably 'migraine '
They put me on Propanalol to help migraine also blood pressure. The pain is deep in my brain so might be something to do with my blood disorder. Thanks Sleepwell
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,424 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.