Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user with questions
RE: New user with questions
The Resmed oximeter that plugs into the S9 is expensive. Well over $1,000 last time I checked. Supplier 19 (I think) has several to choose from. The one I got was $179 top of the line CMS 50i recording, good for several nights. Plug it into computer with its own software that is easy to use. Does not yet work with Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2013, 09:47 AM)dbvanhorn Wrote: Lungs still burning some today, I have an email in to my dr on that.

It's normal. You might also find that you get an ache in your back right between your shoulder blades. These are the result of your lungs and diaphragm getting used to operating under a higher-than-ambient pressure. Sort of like when you first start lifting weights and your muscles get sore. But eventually it will go away. Mine actually took about 2 months to fully subside.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dbvanhorn.
Welcome

The next thing to look at is what pressure your S9 is scheduling for you.
Can you get that from SleepyHead?

It will help isolate a lot of problems like Hi-Lo limits that might need to be set so you can get better comfort
while still getting decent therapy.

Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2013, 04:40 PM)RonWessels Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 09:47 AM)dbvanhorn Wrote: Lungs still burning some today, I have an email in to my dr on that.

It's normal. You might also find that you get an ache in your back right between your shoulder blades. These are the result of your lungs and diaphragm getting used to operating under a higher-than-ambient pressure. Sort of like when you first start lifting weights and your muscles get sore. But eventually it will go away. Mine actually took about 2 months to fully subside.

Thanks! This is useful Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 9 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New user with questions and issues cps22 13 898 10-13-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.