Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user
New user
Hi everyone,

I've just received a respironics cpap machine and started using it last night. It has a nose mask. I don't know all the model numbers yet. Seems like relatively standard equipment. It is surrently set for 8/20 as the high-end for the air pressure.

I'm using a cpap primarily to help with tiredness and nocturia. Particularly the latter.

Any noob suggestions or veteran knowledge greatly appreciated.

Greg

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user
Hi gegilles and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of lukc to you with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 01:58 PM)gegilles Wrote: I don't know all the model numbers yet.
welcome to the board.
there is a label stuck at the bottom of the machine .... remove the water tank first
some of the numbers should say 550p or 560p
tells us the numbers and someone can tell you what software works with your machine

the manual is available via email (scroll down to section three) make sure you ask for the right machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

here are the PRS1 instructions in pictures and videos
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
There are lots of number sets underneath. The model is REMstar SE, if that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 03:34 PM)gegilles Wrote: There are lots of number sets underneath. The model is REMstar SE, if that helps.
as far as I know,the SE model is not data capable machine ... display only how many hours using the machine each night for insurance purposes

you need to avoid Phillips respirocis machine with Plus in the name (Auto and Pro are data capable machine)
also avoid Resmed machines with Escape in the name (Escape and Escape Auto)
S9 Autoset and Elite are data capable machines

try asap to exchanged it with data capable machine ... you do not want to be stuck with a brick for the next 5 years .. good luck to you

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you have a sleep study or get this on your own?

8 - 20 is a fairly wide margin. I assume your doctor will narrow it down later.

Zonk, do you have any images of the label of these things? So we can see "read this line"? I did a Google search but got nothin'.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Greg--You mentioned that your primary reason for using a CPAP machine is to help relieve nocturia. I'm wondering if you are aware, as I have been reading, that sleep disorders are only one of the several possible causes of nocturia? In case you haven't yet done so, a visit to your doctor will hopefully help in discovering the underlying cause(s) of your nocturia.
The same thought comes to mind re: tiredness for which there are also multiple possible causes.
I don't know if you have had one, but the first part of a sleep study is for the purpose of determining if you actually suffer from apnea, which is one potential cause of tiredness.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 01:58 PM)gegilles Wrote: Hi everyone,

I've just received a respironics cpap machine and started using it last night. It has a nose mask. I don't know all the model numbers yet. Seems like relatively standard equipment. It is surrently set for 8/20 as the high-end for the air pressure.

I'm using a cpap primarily to help with tiredness and nocturia. Particularly the latter.

Hey Greg, Welcome! Nocturia. It just so happens I'm trying to compile a comprehensive glossary of sleep-related terminology. I wonder if I included that. Oops. Sorry. I know what it is now.
It's so convenient that there's a tendency to put things like model numbers on the BOTTOM so you have to pick them up, turn them over, and potentially make a mess of things. Luckily it's not a requirement of being here. I know at times I've been mighty discouraged and had my times where I could take it or leave it in respect to using my CPAP.

I WAS A FOOL!

So now I try to make sure I always use it. At any rate you wouldn't be prescribed a CPAP (I don't believe) unless you actually were diagnosed with apnea somewhere along the line. It can be frustrating, discouraging, etc. But tough it out. You'll be all the better for it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 03:34 PM)gegilles Wrote: There are lots of number sets underneath. The model is REMstar SE, if that helps.

Aw man, sorry to say but - that's a fairly new machine and I was unable to get much info on it. Oh it works, I guess, but information on it was hard to come by. I also found that the buttons had a tendency to stick and it was not very user friendly. I traded it in after only a few days for a different model.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 10:27 PM)Ugly Wrote: Hey Greg, Welcome! Nocturia. It just so happens I'm trying to compile a comprehensive glossary of sleep-related terminology. I wonder if I included that. Oops. Sorry. I know what it is now.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glossary
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ical_terms
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,105 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,138 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.