Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New, very tired, and need help
RE: New, very tired, and need help
Good morning! I lowered my max IPAP to 13.0 and my AHI has been lower the past 3 nights. I don't really understand what any of the other graphs or numbers mean. I ordered the graphs like you said. Thanks for your help and feedback.
[attachment=3005]
[attachment=3006]
[attachment=3007]
I can send Friday and Saturday nights also if you want to see them.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you have reduced the CA events quite a bit, and slightly increase OA. It might be good to see your overview chart so we can see the trend. On your daily charts, only the first one with events, flow, pressure, snores and flow limits are needed. You can delete the other two. It would be better if you posted charts to imgur and linked here because it gives us continuity and history. By using attachments, you end up deleting that history, and it is hard for us old guys to remember what was going on before.

As I recall, your AHI was closer to 17-18 last time we spoke, so cutting that in half is good progress. The bigger question is how are you feeling with the therapy? You are still in your first month, and we are continuing to see mixed apnea at a fairly high rate. Hopefullly we will continue to see positive progress, but if this does not reduce significantly by next month, you are going to have the ASV discussion with your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wrote down what you had back on page 2.
Last week AHI of 16.8, OAI 4.33 and CAI of 10.63 at PS 4 over 9-20
Currently AHI of 10.1, OAI 3.76 and CAI of 4.11 at PS 3 over 9-13
Respiration rate is low at 9 bpm median, but volumes are normal.

So your progress is mostly in the central apnea and obstructive is improved. This means the suggestion I gave last week worked as hoped. I don't see any benefit from further refining those pressures at this point since the obstructive and central events are about even. What we're hoping for from here is further spontaneous reduction of events. We can try to further tune the pressure, but with events fairly even, I'm hesitant to mess with this so soon. The next step is going to be PS 2 over 10-12. That will be essentially a fixed bilevel with only 2-cm pressure support. The idea being to drive down OA and further reduce stimulating CA. It's your choice if you want to give this a try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try again to figure out how to use the Imgur to upload files. I'm attaching the overview; however, on November 10-14, I didn't have the SD card in, so those days aren't accurate. I'm still very, very tired, but I also have a lot going on with moving and working a lot of hours. Sad I was very happy to see the AHI go down.
I have been using the machine a full 2 months now.

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3009]
This is Saturday night..my lowest AHI to date.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your trending in the right direction, particularly AHI and time in apnea. I'm a bit confused what was going on from 11/10-11/15 where there is a gap in some of the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to put my card in, so it couldn't store all of the information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning! Here is last night's fun...
[attachment=3010]
Post Reply Post Reply
Not much change. It looks like you need a bit more EPAP to deal with flow limitation, hypopnea and the OA. The CA is looking pretty reasonable now. How would you feel about increasing EPAPmin from 10 to 11? Leave everything else the same for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I can do that. Smile
I don't really understand what flow rate or limitation means, but I'm game for anything..
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,954 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 254 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 251 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.