Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New, wierd sounds/ noises from my machine
RE: New, wierd sounds/ noises from my machine
(08-17-2019, 01:31 AM)chill Wrote: The blower speed changes: increases as you inhale, decreases as you exhale. That generates more noise, or at least different noise, and maybe that is masking the sound you are complaining about.
Your description of motor speed changes would be consistent with the noises I am describing.  It almost sounds like a sports car shifting but WAY off in the distance.

My machine, when operating normally, is perfectly silent, not a sound at all.

(08-17-2019, 01:31 AM)chill Wrote: It sounds like something loose (no idea what), vibrating from the blower or the bearings starting to wear out.  Are there even any bearings in these things?  I've tried trouble-shooting some odd noises before, it can be very frustrating.
Something is vibrating, whether it is the motor itself or some sort of components inside.  I am tempted to get my tiny-item tool kit out and start taking it apart if it is possible.  If I can discover something loose I can assess the situation.  I will only dissemble to a point and then go no further- do not want to have something go wrong to the point of no return.

Can anyone comment on maintenance of these things other than filter?  Should I have done a 1,000 hour service of sorts?  I feel lucky that I had very little issues  with PAP therapy once I found my sweet spot of settings.  I literally have not even looked at the screen or months for for any information...  I have no reason for any need  to get in there.  I should toss up a chart though, it has been perhaps over a year since asking for opinions.  I bought a new computer and need to get the Sleepyhead program on here.

The noise is so very slight and definitely not like when I first got the thing.  It really does not matter how loud or not loud it is in a subjective way, the fact that I hear it and it bothers me is the real matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no routine maintenance other than filter changes. There is a new program OSCAR, that is an improvement to Sleepyhead. You can get it here https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My AirSense 10 AutoSet is as quiet as can be. I didn't know what kind of noise level to expect from a CPAP machine. When I got it, I was very pleasantly surprised. Then again, I have Tinnitus, so I hear stuff all the time, 24/7/365. 

If mine was making any kind of a whine, I'd have trouble discerning it from my Tinnitus.  Oh-jeez I have mine sitting on some rubber kitchen shelf liner. It acts as a vibration insulator as well as making sure the machine doesn't slide around any.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Intermittent "mooing" noises from (new) machine marylee 3 295 01-29-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Gross Mask noises are making me crazy Dreamless 7 842 09-08-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  Airsense 11 Noises on Inhalation? Normal? BigData 0 920 06-15-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: BigData
  my Aircurve 10 ASV sounds like a calf looking for its mother Cow! oldfart59 23 8,191 03-15-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,789 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  AirSense 11 makes "puffing" sounds after power off alexbtr 3 3,568 08-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Last Post: alexbtr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.