Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NewBiPap machine- what series is it?
NewBiPap machine- what series is it?
Received my slightly used Respironics system one BiPAP S/T today and I want to order a 12v DC adapter. Problem is, I can't clearly identify if it is a 60 series or not. Above the bar code for the serial#, it has BIPAP S/T C Series DOM 30, and 1060P below. From my google-ing the 30 series appears to be in the 60 series lineup, but it is a bit confusing. Any insight would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NewBiPap machine- what series is it?
(01-26-2016, 02:19 PM)quickerNu Wrote: Received my slightly used Respironics system one BiPAP S/T today and I want to order a 12v DC adapter. Problem is, I can't clearly identify if it is a 60 series or not. Above the bar code for the serial#, it has BIPAP S/T C Series DOM 30, and 1060P below. From my google-ing the 30 series appears to be in the 60 series lineup, but it is a bit confusing. Any insight would be appreciated.

1060 is 60 series.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 BiPAP S/T 1060 is a very specialized machine for COPD and patients requiring timed breathing rate and volume support. It's a rare machine for specific needs, and it does not do data on Sleepyhead.

This is not a model 660 or 760 BiPAP, and it's not an easy machine to use, but I think we can set it up as a simple BiPAP without the timed breaths. I assume you don't have a real reason to own the S/T and mistook this for a bilevel?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Purchased online from secondwind, was told that it could be set up to my prescription. Going to be using it in a few minutes, hopefully don't notice any difference- bummer that it doesn't work with sleepyhead....
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems to function exactly like my rental did. I guess I need to research what software I can actually use with it. It did not come with an sd card- is there any preferred size? I know some other equipment can't handle some of the larger cards. I am still very new to this, and just asked for the least expensive machine that would do what I needed. I am self-employed and a full-time student, so my insure deductible is outrageous! I purchased this machine with only 8 hours on it for $675 with a 6 month warranty.

My prescription says "NPPV-Bilevel ST adapt servo, rate 12_Epap 11 Ipap 16 cm H2O"

It also says medium nasal pillows, but I switched to the large after getting some pretty bad irritation on the inside skin on my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Rx is written for the type of machine you acquired.
(Note the ST and note the Rate = 12)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
That is Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation. Any standard SD card from 2-16 GB formatted for FAT32 should work. You may be able to use EncoreBasic software with that machine. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Do you have a diagnosis for anything more complex than obstructive sleep apnea? If not, then that is the wrong prescription and someone should rap your doctor's knuckles. If you have mixed or complex apnea, or serious respiratory impairment, then it is a correct machine. Your prescription pressures are simple bilevel 16/11 (IPAP/EPAP). That prescription is so messed up, because it calls for a Spontaneous Timed (ST) machine AND adaptive servo ventilation (ASV) which are two completely different things. I'm almost positive the intention was for simple Bilevel (E4070) IPAP 16, EPAP 11. Someone screwed up, and you can start with your doctor to blame. You should probably be using either a PRS1 BiPAP Pro (HS560P) or Auto BiPAP (HS760P). The BiPAP Auto SV (HS960P) is the ASV, and the BiPAP ST is the spontaneous timed machine...for people that have central apnea or restrictive lung disease.

Mind saying what you paid for that thing?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both central and obstructive apnea. I paid $675 for a used machine from secondwind, with only 8 hours on it. I am still learning what everything means, this is a whole new world for me. I have my sleep study results here, from both the take home, and the sleep center. I am willing to share any info you need for input, it is appreciated. Between my last semester of school, both jobs and the family, my research time has been limited. It is sure nice not to fall asleep unintentionally anymore!

My AHI was 94.2, with 553 obstructive apneas, 17 central, and 34 mixed and 41 hypopneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes more sense. There are not many of these in use on the forum, but we'll do our best to help you with this one. That is a very good price on a machine that retails at nearly $4K.

How did things feel last night? Could you tell the machine was initiating breaths?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider -- you really know the PR machines inside and out.
And, you are right -- that prescription makes no sense. The specification is in conflict.
Nice catch. You sir are a real asset to people here.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,188 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 564 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,052 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 597 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
  Resmed A10 Series Power Switch Question Crimson Nape 6 633 02-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,223 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,794 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.