Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newb looking for support
RE: Newb looking for support
It's true that a nasal pillows mask could work for you, even though you think you breath through your mouth. Applying pressure directly to the nose opens those airways and makes it very pleasant to breath that way. Worth a try, and the mask is much more minimal with only a stretchy head band to hold the nasal pillow in place...nothing over your mouth.

Back on topic. EPR is a feature of your machine, but the supplier may have blocked you from seeing it. You can either ask them to make EPR available, or do it yourself. Look here http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info All you have to do is enter the provider menu, use the knob to scroll down to comfort, select it by pressing the knob once, and you will see the EPR settings. A setting of 1 means your pressure is 13 during inhale and 1 cm less during exhale. A setting of 3 is 3 less during exhale.

Under Options, you will see a menu item called "Essentials" with "On" next to it. Select it and set it to Plus. This will give you more detailed therapy data on your screen. You will also see all of the settings for your humidifier. If you want more humidity than you are getting now, change Auto to Manual and you will be able to set humidity and tube temperature separately. You will get more humidity because the climate control will not adjust for ambient relative humidity. You can always go back to auto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back on phone, sorry for brevity. Can't do nasal pillows...full on panic attacks...can't do sprays as I also have glaucoma. Higher humidity and warmer did help. Will try again tonight with new knowledge. Thank you!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2016, 12:15 PM)Emolpi123 Wrote: Back on phone, sorry for brevity. Can't do nasal pillows...full on panic attacks...can't do sprays as I also have glaucoma. Higher humidity and warmer did help. Will try again tonight with new knowledge. Thank you!!!

I started with the nasal pillows and had problems with leaks, comfort, and all the rest of the problems associated with cpap therapy. Now, 8 months later, I have the mask problem licked. Leaks, and comfort are no longer a concern.

Bottom line. Don't rule out anything. Therapy has many parts and as you fix one part other parts change. I have revisited aspects only to change things back.

Keep an open mind and a lot of patience. It does get better even if it is slowly.

CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Emolpi123,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know CPAP therapy can take some getting used to, but, over time, it does get better and patience is certainly required.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,338 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 519 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 680 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,614 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.