Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newb on my 4rth night with CPAP
if you use nasal pillows, how do you deal with having a stuffed up nose? I was congested last night and add that to a deformation to my right nostril from a broken nose and I was into some serious frustration. For the first time since I started CPAP, I gave up around 330 am.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2016, 09:46 PM)Xaq64 Wrote: if you use nasal pillows, how do you deal with having a stuffed up nose? I was congested last night and add that to a deformation to my right nostril from a broken nose and I was into some serious frustration. For the first time since I started CPAP, I gave up around 330 am.

I have severe hay fever so I have to deal with nasal congestion on a regular basis. My PCP has given me a prescription for Nasacort, which so far has worked. The only problem with using Nasacort is it takes a few days use to reach the optimal effect so I have to use it everyday to benefit from it. I wouldn't recommend using it long term without supervision from a physician.

On the few occasions I was congested despite the preventative measures, the CPAP pressure was enough to help alleviate the congestion. If all else fails, my backup plan is the full face mask I keep in the night stand.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try to clear both nostrils b4 putting on the mask. Sometimes I have one nostril still slightly blocked but being patient solves the issue. If I wait for 2-3 minutes the air pressure will open up the plugged nostril. Colds can complicate things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last night not a good night Novello1234 15 672 06-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  First CPAP night, questions about Sleepyhead data lrob123 10 856 05-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Surfbear
  Third night on cpap zzzzz Kathy Oreardon 9 468 05-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: bonjour
Angry [CPAP] Second night on cpap no sleep Kathy Oreardon 13 655 05-19-2017, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Kathy Oreardon
  My 5th night on CPAP, a new batch of observations w/ detailed play-by-play Nicholas 27 1,065 05-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Last Post: TASmart
Gross [CPAP] 1st Night with CPAP Nightmare!!!! KirkF 24 1,487 02-17-2017, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Wink Second night with CPAP Debberz 13 755 02-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr