Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newb with Questions
RE: Newb with Questions
Hello,

I find a collar allows me to run nasal pillows and lower pressure. For whatever reason I could never get the full face mask to seal properly. Over the night my pressure kept creeping up.

D.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks...looks like I have some experimenting to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions.  Here is an update regarding where I'm at:

I asked my doctor to increase my pressure.  He adjusted it to 9-20 (from 5-20). The last two nights have been my best so far.  Screenshot is attached. I now have an Eliminator collar and will give that a try in the next couple of days.

I'm glad to have found this board.  I appreciate your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice! With the higher minimum, your pressure barely budged, and in fact your median 95%, and Maximum pressures are all actually lower. Possibly for that reason, you didn't have a spate of centrals (though another explanation for the earlier spate could be that it was "sleep-wake junk").

If you have trouble fastening the strap on the Eliminator, let me know.

Keep us posted!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so I'm coming off of two nights that weren't great.  (Although compared to where I was without the CPAP, I'm still way ahead.)

When my minimum pressure was increased (to 9 from 5), I had good success for two consecutive nights.  On the third night (still with no collar), the graphs look much worse and the AHI increased to 4.7.  The clusters are apparent so I planned to use a collar (had already purchased the Eliminator). I was curious about the shape of the pressure curve prior to waking up and the number of CA's after going back to sleep.

The next night I added the use of the Eliminator collar.  Still saw a similar pressure curve shape and plenty of events.  Are there any tricks to using this specific collar?

I'm going to try to sleep on my back tonight. Maybe other positions permit the chin tuck easier.

Anyway, I appreciate any comments or suggestions. I'm realistic that I will have setbacks.  Hoping to learn as much as possible from all of you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a great attitude, which I'm sure will serve you well! I have found that the trick is to make the collar tight enough to prevent my chin from sneaking under it, but no tighter. Try experimenting before bedtime, lying down in your preferred sleep positions, to see whether your chin can slide under the top edge of the collar at all. If it can, tighten and repeat until it can't.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,601 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.