Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbe OSCAR Question (Dreamstation BiPAP S/T some days missing)
RE: Newbe OSCAR Question (Dreamstation BiPAP S/T some days missing)
(05-05-2019, 10:18 AM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 10:02 AM)ajack Wrote: You have an AVAPS on ST mode, It looks like epap 15 ipap 16. You got this machine and set it up yourself?
It's far from set up properly. Continue to get help setting oscar set up.
It is possible there is a glitch for AVAPS machines.

There's no way to tell from OSCAR whether his machine is set up properly. I assume he has a doctor and DME who have set it up, in which case it's probably set up correctly.

OSCAR's support for these machines is not complete.

3rdMarDiv, congratulations, you're the first person with your machine to try OSCAR! That means we don't have any sample data for your machine yet. If you'd be willing to send us a .zip of your SD card, please get in touch with bonjour.  A .pdf from Encore would also be helpful.

I sent the Zip file to apneaboard gmail where I sent the service tech manual pdf I have yesterday. Gary

(05-05-2019, 10:18 AM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 10:02 AM)ajack Wrote: You have an AVAPS on ST mode, It looks like epap 15 ipap 16. You got this machine and set it up yourself?
It's far from set up properly. Continue to get help setting oscar set up.
It is possible there is a glitch for AVAPS machines.

There's no way to tell from OSCAR whether his machine is set up properly. I assume he has a doctor and DME who have set it up, in which case it's probably set up correctly.

OSCAR's support for these machines is not complete.

3rdMarDiv, congratulations, you're the first person with your machine to try OSCAR! That means we don't have any sample data for your machine yet. If you'd be willing to send us a .zip of your SD card, please get in touch with bonjour.  A .pdf from Encore would also be helpful.

I sent the Zip file to apneaboard gmail where I sent the service tech manual pdf I have yesterday. Gary
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2019, 05:04 PM)3rdMarDiv Wrote: The 15/16 was last night. I've changed it a few times. Trying to get lowest ipap and epap with lowest AHI. Gary

Ok, so you are setting it up yourself. 
Do you have a DME?
Were you prescribed the avaps and for what reason? They are a good machine.

If you have no one and oscar doesn't work. It may be better to set up the auto avaps mode. I sent a link in message as it is from a reseller. after the default settings and input your tidal volume, you raise the epap of you have OA/H. The forum will help you set it up as you go. You can resend the link to those who can help
page 18
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2019, 07:31 PM)ajack Wrote: Ok, so you are setting it up yourself. 
Do you have a DME?
Were you prescribed the avaps and for what reason? They are a good machine.

If you have no one and oscar doesn't work. It may be better to set up the auto avaps mode. I sent a link in message as it is from a reseller. after the default settings and input your tidal volume, you raise the epap of you have OA/H. The forum will help you set it up as you go. You can resend the link to those who can help
page 18

It came at 36/32 and I had it lowered to 26/22. It was BiPap ST and they changed to S with BiPAP. Really difficult to talk to anyone, especially to tweak the machine. Whenever I talk to anyone I have to schedule a consultation and they really haven't been trained on this machine. Blind leading the blind. Making some changes to try and get lowest I/E with a good AHI. 

Diagnosed with severe Apnea. Constantly stop breathing on exhale for long periods.

Pressure is not a problem, its the mask. I had previously read the wiki about fitting the mask and tried everything several times. 

Settings now are much better than it was. Few more nights will tell.

Thanks for the info-Just what I'm looking for. A detailed step by step for the machine and OSCAR would be great. 

I sent in a tech service manual that is very informative and also sent in my AD Card. Hope they help.

Gary
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bought through a DME, they have an obligation to set it up for you. If they can't, I'd refer back to your doctor to ask the lab.

Seeing OSCAR was reading pressures wrong, it might have the modes wrong too. I googled the model in your avatar, DSX1030T11C, it is a ST and not an AVAPS, which also has the ST and S modes.

Stopping on exhale for long periods before another breath sound more like CA. I would ring and ask them to send out a copy of your sleep study. There is a big difference between setting up for CA or OA/H with your machine. You really need to know this first. For CA you would use ST mode.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello 3rdMarDiv, I Don't know if you have seen my updated thread with a problem similar to yours, but my problem with missing data was solved after a suggestion from another forum member who realized that his dreamstation would not display data in OSCAR if the OptiStart option was enabled in the dreamstation settings.  I disabled OptiStart (Not even sure what it does) and I now have complete data showing up in OSCAR.  Hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hi. 
I've been sitting in the background soaking up all the great info. I too have a Dreamstation BIPAP S/T. Moved to that after 3 months on auto cpap.OSCAR gives same plot results as Sleepyhead beta. Bunch of stuff messed up on them but never missing days. I've had the bipap since September 2018, warranty replacement in march with new SDCard. Use encore pro to see data so I can give lots of data to help fix the software. It's nice that offspring OSCAR has been born from genes of father JediMark! Being that im less than a year into the land of better sleep, movement on the bipap compatibility is great news. I installed OSCAR I think 3 days after it came out...

I'll PM to see how much data they want. Glad you folks are doing this. My doc is very receptive of the knowledge I'm gaining and the data plots I take to him. Thanks Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2019, 09:22 PM)Howtosleep Wrote: Hi. 
I've been sitting in the background soaking up all the great info. I too have a Dreamstation BIPAP S/T. Moved to that after 3 months on auto cpap.OSCAR gives same plot results as Sleepyhead beta. Bunch of stuff messed up on them but never missing days. I've had the bipap since September 2018, warranty replacement in march with new SDCard. Use encore pro to see data so I can give lots of data to help fix the software. It's nice that offspring OSCAR has been born from genes of father JediMark! Being that im less than a year into the land of better sleep, movement on the bipap compatibility is great news. I installed OSCAR I think 3 days after it came out...

I'll PM to see how much data they want. Glad you folks are doing this. My doc is very receptive of the knowledge I'm gaining and the data plots I take to him. Thanks Thanks Thanks

Shortly after joining the site I sent in my SD.zip. Someone must have tweaked something as all my data seems to be there. After going to the FreeCPAPadvice site and reviewing it I now believe the OSCAR program is working fine. The guy there was using a machine like mine and his charts and data was displayed similar to mine. I think it is an big improvement over the DreamMapper program I use. The more I read about and use the program, the more Ah Ha moments I have...LOL I have successfully used OSCAR to set my machine up much better than it was. In fact, it is a huge improvement. Thanks Again, Gary
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 590 Today, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 325 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 529 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Löwenstein Prisma Soft - missing days bstabens 6 733 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bstabens
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 922 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.