Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbe with Chipmunk Cheeks
Hi Sandyelle,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and also with getting it dialed in to meet your needs.
!

Hang in there for more responses to your post, and you've come to the right place for guidance.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve got chipmunk cheeks too  Laugh-a-lot(never heard anyone else say that before) 
Anyway I’ve found nasal pillows to be the best bet for fitting without leaks. Our cheeks can cause leaks with full face masks that has nothing to do with your mouth being open. I suggest trying nasal pillows
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2017, 06:56 PM)LisaH Wrote: I’ve got chipmunk cheeks too  Laugh-a-lot(never heard anyone else say that before) 
Anyway I’ve found nasal pillows to be the best bet for fitting without leaks. Our cheeks can cause leaks with full face masks that has nothing to do with your mouth being open. I suggest trying nasal pillows

Unless your mouth flops open with a nasal mask like mine does. The only way to stop air shooting through my lips is to tape.
Post Reply Post Reply

I tried a chin strap last night.  I'm going to try it again before making an opinion.  My teeth and jaw felt funny, but maybe I'll get used to it.  Not thrilled about trying the cervical collar.  I had neck surgery years ago and wore a collar for a long time.  

I have shoulder surgery scheduled for tomorrow.  When the hospital called to go over my info, she said that they would discuss using the CPAP after surgery when I get there tomorrow, but it was important to continue using it after the surgery.  
I was told to sleep in a recliner for a little while.   

Thanks for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sore Cheeks SonOfSteel 2 215 07-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Last Post: SonOfSteel
  Air leak into mouth-- "Chipmunk Cheeks" SideSleeper 17 3,991 04-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Last Post: awoodby
  Newbe , ASV and min EPAP. HermannTheGerman 22 2,704 04-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: HermannTheGerman
  Happy New Year from a Newbe Apneaman1 9 1,281 01-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cate1898
  Newbe with Complex Apnea - Best ASV to get? racprops 156 48,534 10-17-2015, 12:50 AM
Last Post: My3rd3y3
Rainbow A Newbe's adventure. SleepyDreamCatcher 17 2,736 05-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor
  CPAP Blowing My Cheeks Up? Bruno2 3 5,993 04-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2