Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbe with Complex Apnea - Best ASV to get?
RE: Newbe with Complex Apnea - Best ASV to get?
(03-31-2013, 10:55 AM)racprops Wrote: I have been using in the tests this mask:

[Live link to google with Respironics+FitLife+Total+Face+Mask as search string]

I like it over all the rest.

Hi Rich,

Not sure if forum rules allow live links to google with manufacturer part as the search field. This is not a direct link to any DME provider, so it might be OK.

If the Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask didn't leak during your titration, then it may be good. It puts no pressure at all on your nose bridge, which would be great.

Up to how high in pressure does Philips Respironics recommended the mask may be used?

Do you know what sizes you used for (1) the mask and (2) the headgear?
By the way, headgear tends to stretch out too far, so may be better to start with smaller size for headgear than the mask size.

(03-31-2013, 10:55 AM)racprops Wrote: Where can I get a tracking O2 scanner?

So can you suggest the best AVS machine?

There are many threads on this forum for Pulse-Oximeters. Supplier #19 sells economical ones. I recommend a wristwatch type with separate finger sensor, only because they are less uncomfortable.

(03-31-2013, 01:05 PM)racprops Wrote: I have been shopping on Secondwind, but I find that they are cagy with model numbers...

Their site with the ASV machines is
[direct link to Supplier #2]

Sorry, if our forum moderator has not already done so, please edit your post to delete the direct link to Supplier #2. Direct links to DME providers are against forum rules because this could endanger educational status of the forum. Instead, simply refer in words to "Supplier #2" rather than a direct link. Thanks.

(03-31-2013, 01:05 PM)racprops Wrote: And way down is what they describe as: BIPAP Auto SV Advanced Machine with Heated Humidifier

Can you tell what make and model this is??

From what I am reading I kind of like the Philips Respironics machines, as they do test and report a Clear airway event, and seem less likely to have to work so hard IDing the newer models...

Any feed back on their systems??

If you want to know the precise model number (and you should, to know what exactly you would be buying, and to research that model number on the manufacturer's website) simply call (or better yet, email) the supplier and ask before placing the order. Unfortunately I failed to do this and purchased an older (discontinued) model of S9 VPAP Adapt without realizing it. Then, when you receive the machine, before using it at all, verify the model number is what you thought you ordered. If you use the machine, it probably cannot be returned. But if you have an email showing the model number which was claimed, you will be in good position to receive full credit when returning the unit if it comes to that. Of course this applies to any vendor which does not list the full manufacturer's model number of their products, whether or not the supplier is on our Suppliers List. In general, whenever ordering online, I think it is always best to pay using a credit card because you can dispute the charge if the merchandise was not as described.

In your case, if buying the Respironics ASV machine, make sure the unit is PRS1 (System One) and autoSV Advanced (not the older non-Advanced model), and know how long would be the warrantee.

I haven't used the PRS1 ASV unit but I think it may be best unit for you, if you need higher EPAP pressure than 15, as explained in my earlier post.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again.

I cannot edit my post so it will have to be done by the mod. (Sorry)

I find the term "all face" or "complete face" or "full face" does not mean the kind of mask I want so hope the links will not be a problem...

I do find Suppler #2 slow in giving out the model numbers, I have asked twice for a email with the model number and have NOT received it.

This lack does concern me...

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2013, 04:02 PM)racprops Wrote: I do find Suppler #2 slow in giving out the model numbers, I have asked twice for a email with the model number and have NOT received it.

This lack does concern me...

I think Supplier #2 is great. I think it is a fairly small outfit and if someone is sick or on vacation this may delay a response. I would not be concerned about that. Also, this was Good Friday and they may have been closed. If in a hurry, you could call tomorrow and ask for email response.

As with all suppliers, don't order until you are sure what you would be getting.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope so BUT I asked for the make and model over a week ago. Twice...

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Well either they (Supplier #2) took the week off and did not record a phone message informing us OR they do not want to give out the model number of what they are selling.

I have called a number of times and got no answer and have left a couple of messages asking for the model numbers.

I have done this a number of times over the past month.

Even asking the person whom answered the phone has not responded with the model numbers..

WHAT is up with this lack of response??

Fear that once I find out how old a model they are selling I will not buy??

That is what I think at this point.

A some what unhappy Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
At last I got a answer which is still not the right one...

He send this:

Rich,

Thanks for your interest.

The SKU is DS950HS

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

So what is the model number??

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2013, 12:04 PM)racprops Wrote: The SKU is DS950HS
Rich

Hi Rich,

That SKU number is the model number. DS950HS is the model number for a PR System One BiPAP AutoSV Advanced.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2013, 12:04 PM)racprops Wrote: At last I got a answer which is still not the right one...

He send this:

Rich,

Thanks for your interest.

The SKU is DS950HS

Rich

Hi Rich,

Everything looks OK.

On the Respironics website is listed:

Ordering information
Devices / Part number
"BiPAP autoSV Advanced–System One with humidifier" / DS950HS

So D950HS is the latest model number for the PRS1 autoSV Advanced.

So it looks like SecondWind finally answered your question, and the answer is the "right" one, showing it is the latest model.

With ResMed, their model numbers are purely numeric. 36007/36017/36027 for the old S9 VPAP Adapt without ASVauto mode (where the 36007 is just the main "blower" unit, 36017 includes humidifier, and the 36027 includes everything including humidifier and ClimateLine heated hose). For the newest S9 VPAP Adapt with ASVauto mode the model numbers are 36037/36047/36057.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes they are much better answering by email...

Yes, the DS950 does have the ability to adjust expiratory pressure ( to program a range).

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Saw my sleep Doctor today and he confirmed I need an Respironics ASV machine, so we ordered a PR System One BiPAP AutoSV Advanced DS950HS model number from Vender #2, and got a great deal on my Respironics FitLife total Full Face CPAP Mask With Headgear as well.

So a couple of questions: Where can I get the complete tech manual for this?

And where can I get the best software to monitor my treatment, is it Sleepyhead or??

Thanks.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,928 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 326 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with Complex Apnea Joey67 6 578 03-23-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PLEASE HELP! Central/Complex apnea hopeforusall 10 856 03-15-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: hopeforusall
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.