Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbe with Complex Apnea - Best ASV to get?
RE: Newbe with Complex Apnea - Best ASV to get?
I see what you saying.

BUT I found that the setting of 10CM for EPAP Min unuseable, I was having trouble breathing at that pressure, specially exhaling.

I have reset the system to:

Min EPAP: 7.0
Max EPAP: 13.0
Min Pressure Support:0.5
Max Pressure Support: 10.5
Max Pressure: 20.5
Flex Setting: 3
Backup Rate: auto

I find these livable.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
OK Does anyone have a GOOD pulmonologist in Phoenix AZ.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
A little better night.

Was able to fall asleep in my own bed for the first time and slept from 11:00 to 1:30, then went back to sleep and slept to around 3:00.

Woke up with a few pains and am working the off here at the computer.

Now to do the report after more sleep.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
You're going to get this thing tuned-in with time, Rich. Good to hear your making some progress at least! I can tell you're not the type to give up, which is a very good thing when it comes to difficult and frustrating trial-and-error adjustments.

You're the exact kind of person that will "make it work" one way or another. I tip my coffee cup to you in admiration. Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2013, 02:43 AM)racprops Wrote: I fear I may have damaged some of the sensors as I had a surprise coughing fit and I could not unmask in time.

I have not read anything warning not to cough with the mask on but it has been acting up every sense.

Coughing shouldn't do any harm, but PRS1 machines tend to have the filter on the back come out if you cough. Be sure you haven't lost the filters.

I'm a little worried you may be screwing up your therapy by tinkering. ASV is a complicated thing.

BTW, I think the machine forgets everything it's "learned" and starts from scratch whenever you turn it off and back on.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

Well at first I could not breath against the higher pressure, but I am getting used to it.

Monday i got the more complete version of the sleep study and found that the BEST results was at 9/15, so I set it for that settings.

Not happy about the forgetting thing, A) Because it seems to run the fan a little in standby and B) I may need to move it from the bed room to the living room.

Think should have a battery backup.

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2013, 08:45 PM)racprops Wrote: Monday i got the more complete version of the sleep study and found that the BEST results was at 9/15, so I set it for that settings.

Without consulting your provider or doctor?!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well at first I was unable to work with 10/15.

I thought it was a mistake.

So over the weekend I was getting used to the machine at 7cm.

Monday I asked and got the writing report of my second sleep study.

And now can live with 9 or 10 and as the study show all my problems were lowest at 9/15 switched back to that.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
This does NOT look good….

I am NOT getting any better.

IS this normal for getting used to this?

I believe I had everything set up right last night:

Pressures at sleep test and Doc’s best numbers of 9/15.

I was able to stand and tighten my mask so that it held at the highest pressures, at 18cm by the units readout.

I sleep on my back all night.

BUT it was the 2nd worst night so far.

I had 213 CA, 52 Hypopnea, 31 OA, 18 breathing events, 836 Pressure Pulse events, and 80 snore events.

My AHI is 46.19.

Here is a picture of my sleepyhead report, can some of you tell me how this looks and if I can do anything to help myself or do I just have to hold on and let my body adjust to the machine?

[Image: 23report-1_zps2784e56a.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I am running all of this though my mind…

The second sleep study reported better results.. but less data…

Is my personal machine more sensitive?? It seems to report more events like shoring which the sleep studies seemed to report no snoring..

I seem to have a better night (number wise) sleeping in my recliner..

So tonight I will return to my recliner and see.

Has anyone found they do better in a near chair like sleep position?

My heart surgery caused my sleeping in my recliner, it is a side effect from this surgery, and while I waited for my sleep studies we SEEMED to see less apneas when I sleep in a more upright position.

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,928 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 326 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with Complex Apnea Joey67 6 577 03-23-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PLEASE HELP! Central/Complex apnea hopeforusall 10 856 03-15-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: hopeforusall
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.