Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbee to this board
Newbee to this board
Hi everyone,

Searching on the net due to some strange "issues" found in Oscar when evaluating my night of sleep this morning, I found this board. A lot of experience and knowledge is shown here, so I register myself immediately.
I am a 49 year old guy from the Netherlands (English is not my native language so excuses for my English) and I uses a CPAP since 2008. Because everything goes well I never felt to urge to dig deeper into apneu and all its aspects. A few months ago I found this software Oscar and I started to check figures periodically, especially when I changed device lately.

After years of living not that healthy I started changing my way of life last summer and lost 10 kilograms of bodyweight right now by doing sports (3 to 4 times a week) and eating more healthy (no alcohol, smaller portions, more vegetables).

Last two weeks I felt a bit fatigue and sometimes dizzy and checking my AHI value this morning it was a bit higher than usual (6.82 which still is quite good I think?). I read out this SD-card looking for strange "issues" and for the first time I got notice of an event called Cheyne Stoke Respiration. A quick Google search gave me the shivers .... what scary is such thing as CSR? Immediately questions arose which I can not find answers too:

1) Does my former device (Resmed S9 Autoset) not measure CSRs where this new device (Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset) does?
2) Is a CSR always serious or can it also be triggered by wrong settings (even though both devices are set exactly the same) or something else?
3) Is a CSR only associated with central apnea? I have obstructive but those central apneas seem to be more common in the last year than before, but the cause is a mystery to me?
4) I can sometimes really daydream during the day, especially when I'm very focused or absorbed in something I find extremely interesting. Because of this I sometimes "forget" to breathe and then I suddenly have to take a very deep breath and then everything is normal again. No symptoms of faintness or otherwise but sometimes a little fluctuating of the heart rhythm. I just function normally, but every now and then I have that (getting oxygen levels in my blood back in order?). Could this also occur at night with these CSR measurements as a result?

Allthough those CSR's are quite rare (5 occurences in 2 months, all measured by the new device) they can be in my experience a substantial part of the night. Last night a total of 13,42% was measured, former 4 occurences were less than 8%. Do I need to worry or can there be a more reassuring reason that suddenly these CSR's occur in my sleeping reports?

Thanks in advance for thinking along, kind regards and enjoy the weekend!

Aad ~ The Netherlands
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,499 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 607 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,756 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 680 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,589 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,720 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
  Hi…I’m new to this board Restingjess 3 972 01-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Restingjess

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.