Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbi Questions
RE: Newbi Questions
In addition to the problems I encountered last night, my nose felt really dried out. I have my humidity set at 4, so I think that I will increase it tonight along with attaching my heated hose, which I have not tried yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good feedback, How you feel is always good to know, always include that even if we do not explicitly ask.  The changes that I am proposing are actually based on what you commented on.
you said

Quote: I felt like I couldn't get enough air. Gave me anxiety through the night.
 so we are going to boost your min pressure to help you out a bit so 

Settings: 

Min 8 Add a little more pressure to help you breathe a bit better

Max 12 Tighten Parameters to match your results and lower your high pressure to try and cut back a little on your central events, but the change here is very small and highly likely it will not impact anything.
EPR 1, Would like to lower it but not yet,  this would be too many changes at once, making it much harder to tell which change worked.  

additionally, I want you to read, watch TV, play games on your phone while using your CPAP even if you have to move it.  This will help you to get used to it while you have the distraction of having fun.  Please note when you do this so we can ignore the data during this time (It will count toward you "compliance"
Post Reply Post Reply
With the settings at 8 and 12, I slept much better.  I also used a heated tube and set the humidity to auto. It appears that my AHI number is much lower. Is that good or bad?
Post Reply Post Reply
The lower the AHI the better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are good and based on those I would not recommend any changes, and yes, in general the lower the better, but it is important to not chase numbers

But how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
The symptoms of the previous night were gone.  I slept well.  I was wandering, if I have to leave the bed during the night, do I just press the button on the top of the Resmed machine to pause it? I did that last night and it caused a gap in the graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2019, 10:44 PM)KCrane Wrote: The symptoms of the previous night were gone.  I slept well.  I was wandering, if I have to leave the bed during the night, do I just press the button on the top of the Resmed machine to pause it? I did that last night and it caused a gap in the graphs.

I pause it, I think most do.

There's nothing wrong with a pause in the charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I do when I have to get up during the night to go to the restroom. I just reach over and hit the off button. I then detach the hose from my mask. 

Get back in bed, reattach the hose to my mask and then start breathing. It automatically starts back up.  like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.