Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbi Questions
Newbi Questions
Having a snoring problem, I have spent the last 8 months with a doctor-prescribed mouthpiece that no longer helps the snoring. I have adjusted it out as far as I am comfortable and yet I still snore like a freight train. My doctor is a strong proponent of the mouthpiece and would not advise me on a cpap machine, just said to adjust the splint out further.  In a fit of defiance, I purchased a Resmed 10 machine just to try it out before cranking my bottom jaw out any more.  So here I am with a machine that I have no idea how to use.  I purchased a new hose and a nose pillow type mask.  I have watched a youtube video on how to get into the setting but would like some advise on where to start on the settings.  I don't know if it matters, but my sleep study number were AHI=33, RDI=52 (whatever that means) with snoring 42% of the time. I am a 6' male weighing about 210 lbs. Please re-direct me if this question has already been answered.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbi Questions
Welcome

(02-25-2019, 03:26 PM)KCrane Wrote: My doctor is a strong proponent of the mouthpiece and would not advise me on a cpap machine, just said to adjust the splint out further.  In a fit of defiance, I purchased a Resmed 10  machine just to try it out before cranking my bottom jaw out any more. 

The experts will be along shortly to help you, but let me be the first to say "Way to go!" That was the right thing to do.

But what model of Airsense 10 is it? That's super-important, I'm sorry to say. The model name is on the front panel, and you could also give the model number from the sticker on the bottom if you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like it's a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset,  Devise # (93)394, Ref# 37207.  I couldn't find a model number.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2019, 04:42 PM)KCrane Wrote: Looks like it's a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset,  Devise # (93)394, Ref# 37207.  I couldn't find a model number.

"All right! Rusty's in the club!"

(Remember that Gary Larson cartoon?)

37207 is the model number; that configuration is an Autoset with humidifier but no heated tube (not a big deal). The important part is "Autoset".

Welcome to the club.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming there is no SD card in the Autoset (Top door on the left) buy one, anything between 2 and 32GB.  Any cheap one will work.
Download Sleepyhead from the banner of this forum.  That is the key to your analysis.

read the optimize link because that will tell you how to setup your SleepyHead / OSCAR (coming soon) daily charts so we can see what is going on.  

Settings: 
For one night only
Min 6
Max 20
EPR 2

This will tell us how your apnea is handled and we will suggest new settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to post my favorite Gary Larson cartoon until I read the ATTACHMENT NOTICE at the bottom of this page...  I don't want to get in trouble too soon.  It was the one where the dog in the car is calling out to his dog friend and says "Ha Ha Ha Biff, guess what? After we go to the drug store and the post office, I'm going to the vet's to get tutored!"

That comic strip used to crack me up!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, So I used the machine for the first time last night.  Attached is a pdf of the sleepyhead report. Should I change anything?

Attached Files
.pdf   Result.pdf (Size: 800.02 KB / Downloads: 42)
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I would put the low pressure up to 8 or 9, but take it a step at a time. If your AHI improves, fine.
It might need a few nights data before we can see what is going on.
After a few nights you will get better advice.

Look at how to set up Sleepyhead and post your data on some Sig's (Sleepriders, I know has) and do your data that way.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You responded well to that

Settings: 
Min 7 Tighten Parameters to match your results
Max 13 Tighten Parameters to match your results
EPR 1, reduced to try to lower your Central Apnea

Please download Sleepyhead (see the Sleepyhead link at the top of the page)
and organize the charts as they are in the Organize link in my signature
That will make it much easier to assist you

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
First, thank you for the help with trying to get a good night's sleep. 

Last night I made the changes that you suggested and have attached the report according to the instructions in your signature (I think I did it right). The problem is that I struggled through the night with the constant need to yawn and a feeling that my heart was racing. I felt like I couldn't get enough air. Gave me anxiety through the night.  I was so relieved to take the mask off this morning and get a good deep breath of air! OK, this was only my second night, and I expect to take some time to get used to this thing.

Please advise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 354 48 minutes ago
Last Post: Matsu1
  EPR questions juniper 5 197 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 175 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 152 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 248 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 362 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 332 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.