Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbi looking for simplification
Newbi looking for simplification
Hi

Had a sleep clinic a while ago. But never got a cpap because when I ask my insurance if it was covered they said no and immediately lowered the things I was covered for an increase in premiums when they found out I have sleep apnea. Needless to say I was quite ticked off.

Also it doesn't help that I have a phobia of things touching my face so getting around that was a problem.

After a while I finally had someone give me a restmed s8 elite to try. I got a mask and had someone at the clinic set it up.

I found it really made a difference and was all about regular use. Until the other day... It turns off after about 10 min or so. Then it starts up again. It is really jarring to have it actually turn off. Because I can't hardly breath.

I tried to look around and see if there was a setting or something to fix this but I've had no luck so I'm looking for a new machine now

It would be really nice to find a machine that has some sort of app connected feature where I can see how well I slept, how long I was in deep sleep, let me know if there was a leak etc. preferably I would really like it to connect to HealthKit on my iPhone.

From what I looked at it seems most of these machines are stuck in the dark ages with interface and there's quite limited data feedback. Do these manufactures know we all have smart phones with large screens that they can make a beautiful interfaces and give us intuitive readouts of our results? But they seem to put crappy displays on these things and expect them to be as functional.

I do develop software so maybe my expectations are little high but I just want to have a machine that be fun to see my progress and try to make improvements.

Restmed 10 series really the only option?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbi looking for simplification
There is a current thread that may help you make a simple repair to your machine.
I'm dumping my ifone and getting a flipfone as I waste too much time on it now but I imagine if you build it they will come.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SheepCounter,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2015, 11:13 AM)SheepCounter Wrote: Hi

Had a sleep clinic a while ago. But never got a cpap because when I ask my insurance if it was covered they said no and immediately lowered the things I was covered for an increase in premiums when they found out I have sleep apnea. Needless to say I was quite ticked off.

Also it doesn't help that I have a phobia of things touching my face so getting around that was a problem.

After a while I finally had someone give me a restmed s8 elite to try. I got a mask and had someone at the clinic set it up.

I found it really made a difference and was all about regular use. Until the other day... It turns off after about 10 min or so. Then it starts up again. It is really jarring to have it actually turn off. Because I can't hardly breath.

I tried to look around and see if there was a setting or something to fix this but I've had no luck so I'm looking for a new machine now

It would be really nice to find a machine that has some sort of app connected feature where I can see how well I slept, how long I was in deep sleep, let me know if there was a leak etc. preferably I would really like it to connect to HealthKit on my iPhone.

From what I looked at it seems most of these machines are stuck in the dark ages with interface and there's quite limited data feedback. Do these manufactures know we all have smart phones with large screens that they can make a beautiful interfaces and give us intuitive readouts of our results? But they seem to put crappy displays on these things and expect them to be as functional.

I do develop software so maybe my expectations are little high but I just want to have a machine that be fun to see my progress and try to make improvements.

Restmed 10 series really the only option?

I have a ResMed air sense 10 auto set for her and I love the machine. It links well to sleepy head software and gives you all the info you could want about your sleep. Also there is the Z1 travel cpap which can link to an app on cell phones. I also believe that the Respironics auto cpap gives you sleep info as well. Go online to some of the suppliers in the list and read the specs on the machines they sell I think you will find that many of the newer models have data capabilities.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a flip phone, but I use an Itouch and have my brother's Respironics bipap app on mine. What it tells you is mask fit (% you went into Big Leaks), therapy hours and AHI. The Sleepyhead detail also gave me a lot of information - despite his AHI, he is having a lot of weird snoring going on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbi Questions KCrane 17 2,155 03-02-2019, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Newbi With res scan Waltdidi 3 2,207 03-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.