Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie – how do I interpret these results?
Question 
Newbie – how do I interpret these results?
Hi everyone. I’m new here and use a dream station 500 with a nasal mask. Everything fits fine but I’m not sure how to read my results on the DreamMapper software. I have put my results below. I’m not sure if the eight in the 10 equal the total 18 at the bottom or if the total is 36? Also are these per hour or the total for the nine hours Iwore the mask? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you so much 

AHI 3.7 usage 9.5 hours
Total clear apneas 8
Total obstructed apneas 10
Total hyponeas 18
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie – how do I interpret these results?
AHI is average per hour; the others are totals for your 9.5 hours (8+10+18=36).

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ndex_(AHI)

Your results are not so bad at all, especially for a first time. Can you try posting your SleepyHead results?

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2018, 08:46 AM)Nashvegas Wrote: Hi everyone. I’m new here and use a dream station 500 with a nasal mask. Everything fits fine but I’m not sure how to read my results on the DreamMapper software. I have put my results below. I’m not sure if the eight in the 10 equal the total 18 at the bottom or if the total is 36? Also are these per hour or the total for the nine hours Iwore the mask? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you so much 

AHI 3.7 usage 9.5 hours
Total clear apneas 8
Total obstructed apneas 10
Total hyponeas 18

Hi Nashvegas,
You had a total of 36 events all night. The AHI is averaged and calculated as follows.

36 events divided by total hours of sleep (9.5 hrs.) equal an AHI of 3.7 events an hour.

DreamMapper is ok for a quick look each day, but #SleepyHead software will show you so much more of what goes on while you sleep.

You can also follow the links in my signature line to show you how to organize and post your data here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply! I think total hypopneas is a different thing? Because my total clear and total obstructed don’t always equal total hypopneas. For example here is another result. Please advise I’m confused!

AHI 5.2 Used 8.39 hrs
Total clear 10
Total obstructed 20
Total hyponeas 17

Thank you Opal. My minimum pressure was for in my max was 20. In my sleep study I was only at 15 events per hour. How do I know if this is helping if some nights I’m at 9.7 and some nights I’m at 3.5?
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, so 10+20+17=47 divided by 8.39 hours of sleep = 5.6 AHI, but remember events shorter than 10 seconds are not usually counted, so 5.2 AHI sounds about right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Download #SleepyHead software, and then see the links in my signature line to organize and post data here.  We can then take a look and advise.  

I will say that you machine is set at a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 20. This is a wide open setting and most likely is not optimal for you.  Your AHI isn’t bad, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Clear Airways (also referred to as Central Apnea), Obstructives, and Hypopneas are different Apnea events.

See the definitions here:  
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hypopneas are different type of event than clear airway events and obstructive events. All three are totaled together for Total events. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hypopnea
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone. The weird thing is I got this about five months ago and no one has contacted me on what my goal should be for adjusting my pressure etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Nashvegas! Sounds like you're being effectively treated as anything under 5 AHI is considered good. Congrats and keep on XPAP'ing!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 5 52 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,378 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 403 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 146 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,544 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  can someone help me interpret these? Mshull 4 206 04-11-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.