Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi,

I have had my machine since 2011 and no real support. I am horrid and stopped wearing it last year because of no changes in how I feel. Got a new mask and still no change. Doctor isn't listening and I want to learn all I can so maybe I can adjust my settings and get results. I am looking for advice and support not negativity. I get that it is a medical device and I need to learn about it before I mess with it.

Thanks,

Fox
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie
Welcome Fox.

The first thing we need to know in order to help you is the model number of your machine (usually on the bottom or side of the blower unit). It will start with REF or DS, and might be something like 550 or 560. This will tell us if your APAP is supported by SleepyHead software. If it is, you're in good shape to start taking a closer look at what's going on and what might need to be tweaked to improve your therapy.Smile We'll help you get all that set up.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

SleepyHead support PR System One machines, not the older or M series machines

Since the machine listed in profile " Respironic pr-remstar auto a-flex", if 'pr' stand for Phillips Respironcis, assume the machine is 550 and supported by SleepyHead http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum FoxFyre,

The first thing you need to do is download SleepyHead software. Use link in post above.
I assume there is an SD card in your APAP.
If you have problems with the download, you can get more help on that in The Software Support Forum when it comes to Sleepyhead.

Ask all other questions here.

Once you get that downloaded, then we can get a better feel what is going on with you, since you feel horrid.

From your profile, it looks like you have an Auto CPAP set on a straight pressure?

Can you look at the display on your APAP and tell us what you AHI has been...it should give you day 1 AHI and 7 and 30 day averages.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FoxFyre,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you re-start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 131 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.