Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie : 1st trial with Resmed S9 Auto
RE: Newbie : 1st trial with Resmed S9 Auto
(08-15-2013, 04:10 PM)dodgyblue Wrote: Update. Day 4.. still can't sleep through the night (or maybe fall asleep) I feel like I'm dozing - half awake sort. Hopefully with more time, I will actually get into deep sleep and sleep through. Last night lasted all of about 4 hours before I took off the mask to get some uninterrupted sleep.

@Tez62. Thanks for the tip regarding EPR. I've set EPR to 2 and it feels so much more comfortable now. Now much air leaks anymore and not balloon cheeks whole of last night. I did set min pressure to 4 and max pressure to 15. According to the readings, the Max the autoset went up to was 9.8. And for the half awake/dozy 4 hours, the AHI was 1.3. Not sure how accurate.. really need to have a fall asleep and wake up in the morning event to say that therapy is working. I might really be half awake and not relaxed enough for an apnea event to occur.

One thing though.. even with a FF mask, I'm getting very dry lips and mouth. I know I mouth breath and I have set the humidifier to about 1.5 but I don't want to go higher as that causes my nose to go stuffy. Caught between a stuffy nose and a dry mouth. Any suggestions?

cpap always dries out my lips,

I use Chapstick Medicated right before i go to bed, and I cake that sh*t on. It really makes a difference...
Post Reply Post Reply
Another update : My therapist said "Stop mucking around with the settings at least for a week so I can have a baseline!" Smile

So I'm back to 6-20, no ramp time, all I can play with is temp + humidity.

Still having trouble sleeping through the night with the mask on. Tried using lip balm. That helps with the dry lips.. now how to handle a dry tongue and throat?

According to my therapist, the readings (screwy as they are) indicated I need on average about 10cmH20 pressure and there's an awful lot of leaks in the latter part of the night. Sigh.

Post Reply Post Reply
At the suggestion of another forum member I purchased Lanisoh (Lanolin) cream. I've found it lasts on my lips very well through the night.

Also saw a suggestion on the ResMed site that said swabbing the inside of your mouth (e.g., cheeks, gums, etc.) with olive oil just before bedtime can help with dry mouth. Haven't had to do that myself yet, so can't speak to its effectiveness. Smile

(08-20-2013, 10:05 PM)dodgyblue Wrote: Another update : My therapist said "Stop mucking around with the settings at least for a week so I can have a baseline!" Smile

So I'm back to 6-20, no ramp time, all I can play with is temp + humidity.

Still having trouble sleeping through the night with the mask on. Tried using lip balm. That helps with the dry lips.. now how to handle a dry tongue and throat?

According to my therapist, the readings (screwy as they are) indicated I need on average about 10cmH20 pressure and there's an awful lot of leaks in the latter part of the night. Sigh.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 478 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.