Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Desperate for General Help - Introduction
RE: Newbie Desperate for General Help - Introduction
(03-13-2017, 07:40 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 07:28 PM)Nash Wrote: You are right about the anxiety. I am far less anxious starting with a higher pressure. I felt like it was stealing my breath before.

That's EXACTLY how I felt too!!!! 

P.S.  I told my sleep dr about it (the anxiety, the claustrophobia, the feeling of need to breathe through mouth for a couple big breaths or to yawn)... and he did not care one iota.  I was kinda P*ssed (at him) when I raised the pressure and it completely resolved the problem.  Anywhoo... just a good reminder that we are our own best advocates!

Hi Hydrangea! My great grandmother used to tell my mother not to let the cat sleep in the same bed as me. She thought cats stole your breath while you slept. I wonder how she would feel about this machine? I think I know.. LOL  Loco Loco Loco

It is really great to have a resource like this where you can take control of your treatment!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2017, 07:45 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 10:58 PM)Nash Wrote: I think the first day really gave me hope and then all of a sudden nothing was right. 

For many of us, it had to get worse before it got better. Sleeping with all that apparatus attached to the face is something that takes time to get used to. It's definitely worth the effort, though, so don't give up. I guarantee you'll be happy you stuck with it.

Not going to give up. Can't give up. It cost so much money I might need to live under a bridge, but I am not giving up. They have outlets under bridges right? Right?  Laugh-a-lot

Thanks Sleepster!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2017, 08:29 PM)Nash Wrote: They have outlets under bridges right? Right?  Laugh-a-lot

Use a battery pack... which you can learn ALL about HERE!!!!!  LoL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 95 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 440 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 237 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 269 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 333 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,957 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.