Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Desperate for General Help - Introduction
RE: Newbie Desperate for General Help - Introduction
Sneaking up on it! You've got a 'Pressure Pulse" (dark red vertical lines) being displayed that isn't needed for giving you feedback.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When I sleep on my side I often tug a piece of my feather pillow between my chest and face and that keeps things pretty open. Your session looks fine, and other than finding a way to go to bed and relax, you're on your way. On your chart, the snores are driving pressure, and this is a classic case of where we would not allow increased pressure because it's not going to do anything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2017, 09:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: When I sleep on my side I often tug a piece of my feather pillow between my chest and face and that keeps things pretty open.  Your session looks fine, and other than finding a way to go to bed and relax, you're on your way.  On your chart, the snores are driving pressure, and this is a classic case of where we would not allow increased pressure because it's not going to do anything.

Sleeprider - I will try that with the pillow. I actually do something similar. Good to hear you say "I am on my way". 

I am not sure what you mean by "the snores are driving pressure" . And you say you would not increase the pressure. So, I should just leave everything on 'auto' the way that I have it? Thanks for the response and encouragement! 

Although I am going to change the humidification level because I woke up with awful dry mouth with the mask on. Off Auto and up to 4. Need moisture.

Mode = auto
Optistart = on
Ez Start = off
Auto Min = 7.5
Auto Max = 16.0

Humidification = Fixed
Humidifier = 4
Tube Temp = 1
SmartRamp = on
Ramp Time = 0.10
Ramp Start = 4.5
Flex = A-Flex
Flex Setting = 2

Tube Type = 15H (changes automatically to 15H when I plug in tube)
Tube Type Lock = off
Mask Type = off
Mask Type Lock = off
Check Mask Fit = off

Show AHI/Fit/PB = on
Automatic On = on
Automatic Off = off
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2017, 08:46 PM)Beej Wrote: Sneaking up on it! You've got a 'Pressure Pulse" (dark red vertical lines) being displayed that isn't needed for giving you feedback.

Beej when I click on 'PP' pressure pulse? nothing changes in the display. I don't see a dark red line. I see a large black line in the middle of flow rate. Is this what you mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
"snores driving pressure" APAP machines increase pressure in response to among other things snores. Sometimes that means the airway is closing and the pressure increase is needed to avoid an obstructive apnea or hypopnea. In your case, not so much. So this is a case where if your maximum pressure did not stop it, the pressure would go to 20, and you don't need it.

Settings look good. Increase the hose temp to 2 or 3 or you'll see water in the mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I can't believe it but I slept on my side for about 5 hours. It might be psychological but I feel great. I actually woke up without a headache! On my side the mask definitely leaks however. If I don't stay in JUST the right position it starts hissing. I have it on pretty tight. I am thinking of using a mask liner. Something like the Comfort Cover. Other than that I am not sure how to better stop the leaking. When I woke up it was leaking really bad from the nose part, mask had slid up. I think the hissing woke me up actually. I may have slept more!  Unsure Although I know I got some good sleep. When I fell asleep it was not leaking and I am well trained to stay in the same position while I sleep. Used to be the only way I could get a few hours.

Any suggestions on leaking? Any comments on my SleepyHead data? Am I posting it OK? I am really happy I was able to keep the mask on! Thank you all! Thanks

Sleeprider - I increased the hose heater to 2 without problem. Thanks!

[Image: N6Ja8KZl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off the VS2 recording line. It is not important, and makes it look like we should be doing something. You can turn it off in in preferences/waveforms, or just by clicking off that chart on the bottom right of the graphs. You are one of those guys that could set the machine to CPAP mode at a pressure of 16 and get the same results. So far, so good. Hopefully you start to feel like you're catching up on sleep soon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Nash Wrote: Well I can't believe it but I slept on my side for about 5 hours. It might be psychological but I feel great. I actually woke up without a headache!

That's a great feeling, isn't it? After decades of sleep deprivation nothing feels better than a bit of REM sleep, or whatever that deep sleep is that makes you wake up with that feeling.

Quote:On my side the mask definitely leaks however.

Search for Papillow. I also found the Amazon knock off to be just as good.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2017, 06:51 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Nash Wrote: Well I can't believe it but I slept on my side for about 5 hours. It might be psychological but I feel great. I actually woke up without a headache!

That's a great feeling, isn't it? After decades of sleep deprivation nothing feels better than a bit of REM sleep, or whatever that deep sleep is that makes you wake up with that feeling.

Quote:On my side the mask definitely leaks however.

Search for Papillow. I also found the Amazon knock off to be just as good.

It is great! I will look for that pillow TY.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2017, 05:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Turn off the VS2 recording line. It is not important, and makes it look like we should be doing something.  You can turn it off in in preferences/waveforms, or just by clicking off that chart on the bottom right of the graphs. You are one of those guys that could set the machine to CPAP mode at a pressure of 16 and get the same results.  So far, so good.  Hopefully you start to feel like you're catching up on sleep soon.

"Could set CPAP mode to a pressure of 16 and get the same results". Why is that Sleepster? 

Why is my AHI so low? I assumed it would be pretty high. 

Thanks!

Here is screenshot with VS2 off:
[Image: 6GoHe77l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 396 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.