Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie. Dreamwear mask questions.
Newbie. Dreamwear mask questions.
My question is any thoughts as to whether this mass should be able to tolerate pressure is over 10 cmHello

I am a newbie and just received a Resmed Airsense10/autoset. I started on a eson 2 nasal mask and it’s been extremely uncomfortable. 

Today I met with a tech at the sleep clinic. I asked about the Dreamwear. He told me the mask would likely not accept pressures above 10 cm. My settings are 5-14. He gave me the nasal pillow mask to see how  it goes. So far the frame I feel is really comfortable andIt’s a relief to not have all the fabric straps across my face and the nose mask poking into my eyes. 

My question is any thoughts as to whether this mask should be able To work with pressure over 10 cm?

Is it possible to purchase the regular Dreamwear nasal mask fitting for the full face mask fitting and used it with the existing frame I have. Or do I need to replace the whole set up including frame?  

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie. Dreamwear mask questions.
(10-23-2018, 08:08 PM)Lolagirl Wrote: My question is any thoughts as to whether this mass should be able to tolerate pressure is over 10 cmHello

I am a newbie and just received a Resmed Airsense10/autoset. I started on a eson 2 nasal mask and it’s been extremely uncomfortable. 

Today I met with a tech at the sleep clinic. I asked about the Dreamwear. He told me the mask would likely not accept pressures above 10 cm. My settings are 5-14. He gave me the nasal pillow mask to see how  it goes. So far the frame I feel is really comfortable andIt’s a relief to not have all the fabric straps across my face and the nose mask poking into my eyes. 

1. My question is any thoughts as to whether this mask should be able To work with pressure over 10 cm?

2. Is it possible to purchase the regular Dreamwear nasal mask fitting for the full face mask fitting and used it with the existing frame I have. Or do I need to replace the whole set up including frame?  

Thank you

1. I've been using the Dreamwear nasal mask with my BiPap machine set at 12 EPAP, 16 IPAP for the last month and a half.  While I've had to tighten the headgear a bit more than what people on this board recommend, I've had no problems with mask leaks.  (Mouth leaks, on the other hand, I handled by getting a Dr. Dakota anti-snoring device.)

2.  Someone can correct me if necessary, but I believe the Dreamwear FFM uses the same silicon frame, just a different piece of headgear with the additional straps to attach the magnets to the bottom of the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I don’t want to scrap the comfort of the frame even if the nasal pillows don’t work out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Tech was wrong. If you check the manual the flow curve shows it rated up to 30cm pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Welcome

I've been using the DreamWear nasal cushion mask again recently with a max pressure over 10 cmH2O. As others have noted, it should work fine for you too at your stated pressures, and yes it's the same frame for both the nasal cushion and the nasal pillows.

For more info and opinions on this pretty good mask, check out our review section:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-DreamWear

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Product-Review-AirFit-P10-versus-DreamWear

Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen youtube videos of the dreamwear pillow being used at 20cm H20...

it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had 4 Dreamwear masks. One after the other. Pressure is 11.

I modified the headgear. I added a removable strap from an old dreamwear mask to the back of the headgear. It stabilized the dreamwear for me, and it leaked less. I slept better.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I normally use a Resmed N20 but I occasionally use a Dreamwear and my recommended pressure is 14...my machine is set for 11-17, no issues. I do get a lil leakage occasionally but that is with any mask.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience with the DreamWear reminded me of years I used a nasal pillows mask. It was a Breeze?

I would wake up regularly and check to see if my mask was leaking....sleep quality was terrible.

That's why I modified the head gear on my DreamWear mask. I fell back into that habit. I woke up lots feeling a jet of air on myeye or cheek...I'd move the mask and fall back asleep. Sort of.

I also used a chinstrap. Sometimes I would experiment and put the mask on first, and then add the chinstrap. Normally the chinstap went on first.

I ended up with a sore under my nose that wouldn't go away. That still causes issues for me, even though I've changed from a DreamWear and chinstrap, to a ResMed N20 with a chinstrap.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 279 04-19-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 404 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 206 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 130 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 127 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 211 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 171 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.