Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Getting Sleepier!
RE: Newbie Getting Sleepier!
My old PC did not like Sleepyhead. I need to update a few things. I found out my sister in law and my brother have each been using a CPAP for 1 and 4 years respectively. They have shed some light on their struggles. I have asthma, so I am a bit scared to adjust from the auto settings myself. I did go back to the basics and rewatch the videos about the masks and fittings. I did get a comfortable fit at the sleep clinic when they showed me step by step what to do. In a nutshell going back to basics showed my straps were out of position. Since making those small adjustments, I am getting less leaks. I am now at 0 to 5 L per hour for the past several nights, and have scored 3 consecutive nights of 100 out of 100 pts on the MyAir site. I have more energy and will go exercise this afternoon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling good counts. Congrats.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the help and friendly tips. I returned to the sleep clinic and got a new full face mask that is working much better than trying to use a chinstrap. The nasal pillows were extremely comfortable until I opened my mouth to breathe at night. I really hated that stupid chinstrap (linings did not help either).

I downloaded sleepyhead and imported the data and now have about 36 days of data but really did not see anything there that was any more informative than ResMed's MyAir website. Down the line if I start having problems with my AHI going up it is good to know I can look at my own data with a high level of granularity to see what needs to be adjusted. For now my AHI has been one to 2 per hour most nights up to a Max of 4 when I first changed masks). My Air shows I have consistent good seals, and low volume leaks, and I only pull at my face mask 1 or 2 times a night.

Admittedly I did not study sleepyhead other than go through the start up tutorial and read about the most important data items. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 95 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 441 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 238 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 269 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 333 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 362 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.