Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Help Deciding Which Machine Please...
RE: Need Help Deciding Which Machine Please...
I'm curious as to why no one has recomended the Icon from Fisher and Paykel? I get decent data from it with Sleepyhead and it has worked very well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2015, 11:02 AM)hypopneaking Wrote: I'm curious as to why no one has recomended the Icon from Fisher and Paykel? I get decent data from it with Sleepyhead and it has worked very well for me.

I think there's less familiarity with it. Tell us about it.

Does it give you full flow rate diagrams? Detect CA vs. OA?

I think it uses a proprietary "smart stick" data card, but the card plugs into USB ports, and isn't that expensive.

I think it's hard to get the official F&P software, but if the latest SleepyHead works well with it, that sort of changes the equation.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I like about the Icon: small footprint, humidifier built into the top, heated tubing. On sleepyhead, I'm not sure if it differentiates CA from OA. There is no flow or volume waveforms either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2015, 06:36 AM)hypopneaking Wrote: What I like about the Icon: small footprint, humidifier built into the top, heated tubing. On sleepyhead, I'm not sure if it differentiates CA from OA. There is no flow or volume waveforms either.

Thanks for the info. Personally, I find the flow information very useful when trying to figure out problems. OA vs. CA is important to me, too.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
As there is no large financial assistance for buying a CPAP machine here in Australia, I was able to source a second hand low use machine, funnily enough on eBay. It was cheap and I have been very happy with it.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,006 6 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,850 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,339 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,785 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,278 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Deciding which first mask for snoring, back, sleeper Gabby 18 6,509 12-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.