Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense10 Autoset: Two machines – 2 different results
Airsense10 Autoset: Two machines – 2 different results
I just purchased a new Airsense 10 Autoset. My original machine is still working but is going on 4 years old, and I needed a second machine for this summer. I have been using the new machine for a week. I am using the same mask and the same settings as on the old machine (see my data on left); HOWEVER, I am getting significantly different results!
On the new machine:
1.    AHI is slightly better: 0.5 -1.0  vs 1.0-2.0
2.    95% Max pressure slightly lower: 10.0- 10.5 vs 11.6- 11.8 
3.    However, Leak Rate MUCH HIGHER: 30+ Liters/min vs  6 - 20 Liters/min

I am trying to understand what is responsible for the changes above, particularly the marked increase in leak rate with the same settings and with the same mask. Could it be that the new machine is putting out higher pressure than the old machine?  If, so, that would seem to explain everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense10 Autoset: Two machines – 2 different results
I bet its different algorithms between the two different brands.
Post Reply Post Reply
Compare the Response setting. One might be set to Standard and the other Soft.

The older machine may not have the Response setting, I believe it was added after the AS 10 AutoSet was introduced.
Post Reply Post Reply
my 2015 autoset does not have the soft setting but I'm pretty sure the 2016 and newer machines do. also, fyi, someone in the last 2 weeks - an RT for a DME I believe - reported here that they were seeing variations in pressure among resmed autoset apaps. I couldn't find it with a quick scan of titles but search for it or maybe someone else can point us to that thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your feedback. I have the new machine set on "Standard".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.