Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Help! -Diagnosed myself Just came back from DR - I want to bypass this mess!
RE: Newbie Help! -Diagnosed myself Just came back from DR - I want to bypass this mess!
(04-09-2019, 05:31 PM)greatsleepismine Wrote: @sleeprider Thank you for this valuable info.

Just want to add, Supplier #33 is not fussy about prescriptions.  Sistemma is a former Amazon vendor that opened his own web site when Amazon basically banned the sale of CPAPs.  He has supplied many members with machines and equipment, and is worth a call.  You will get fast service and no run-around.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie Help! -Diagnosed myself Just came back from DR - I want to bypass this mess!
(04-09-2019, 06:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 05:31 PM)greatsleepismine Wrote: @sleeprider Thank you for this valuable info.

Just want to add, Supplier #33 is not fussy about prescriptions.  Sistemma is a former Amazon vendor that opened his own web site when Amazon basically banned the sale of CPAPs.  He has supplied many members with machines and equipment, and is worth a call.  You will get fast service and no run-around.

I wondered where he went.

I couldn't wait for the same reason you have. I couldn't drive and I rapidly worsened.  Now, my problem turned out to be something other than apnea, but I digress.

I went on Craigslist and bought a used machine that worked with Sleepyhead (there is a list in the sticky, but you want an Auto!). I originally bought a Resmed Series 9 Auto machine.  Set it at 6-20 based on recommendations here.  I bought a mask through an online retailer (some of them bypass the prescription requirement by selling mask parts - that you then assemble like you normally would.  It was great. I had everything I needed in less than a week.  Uploading data from the machine here helped me refine it. 

3 weeks later I had my sleep study. 2 MONTHS later, I finally got my machine paid for by Medicare (Airsense for Her).  The whole process was nearly 5 months. So thankful that I just took the bull by the horns and sought out another machine.

Since then, I sold the S9 after finding an UNUSED Airsense for Her on OfferUp.  The guy who answered the Craigslist ad turned out to have worked with my Mom 15 years before. He needed a machine desperately and didn't have the time, at that time, to wait either.  He had an older machine that was now dead and had no backup.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2019, 06:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

I think you mentioned somewhere that Supplier #2 also likes money over prescriptions.

As a side note, when I ordered my machine without a prescription I told them I want to buy a machine with 'factory settings'. This phrase enabled me to buy it without any paperwork issues.

Lastly my sleep study took 1 full year from going to the doctor to getting a sleep study in a clinic to getting a cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings, there are some huge shortcuts available to you, but you will have to do your own research and then make an educated choice on the equipment that is right for you.  Check out the various suppliers online, and then make some phone calls.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 317 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.