Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Here Just had my first night
RE: Newbie Here Just had my first night
Howdy MzRobin28!

Welcome

Good luck with your start as a "hosehead".  Make sure you stay with it and if you run into any issues or have questions, many experienced members are here to help - just ask.

PS-- I merged the two threads you started, because they're essentially the same subject matter.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck MzRobin! We were all where you are now so please reach out for any help. Folks on this board are amazing!

I-love-CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 11:54 AM)MzRobin28 Wrote: Hello All,

I am a newbie here, I was diagnosed back in September last year with Sleep Apnea. However I just received my machine yesterday after going through a paperwork hunt and a change of insurance providers due to a new job in October. I was given a Dreamwear CPAP with Heated Humidifier and Wifi data upload . I use a nose mask but might look into getting nose plugs. My first night I slept ok I just wanted to introduce myself.

By nose plugs, I hope you mean a nasal pillows mask.  Very comfortable for most of us.  Look into the Resmed Airfit P10 (for her if you're small).  The upload to your provider and MyAir is by wireless phone line, and that data is very minimal.  Double check what model you have by looking on the lower right-front of the machine below where it says Resmed.  There are 3-models, CPAP, Elite and Autoset.  The CPAP produces minimal useful data, so hope you have one of the others.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 93 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 439 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 236 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 268 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 332 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 362 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.