Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Here Just had my first night
Newbie Here Just had my first night
Hello All,

I am a newbie here, I was diagnosed back in September last year with Sleep Apnea. However I just received my machine yesterday after going through a paperwork hunt and a change of insurance providers due to a new job in October. I was given a Dreamwear CPAP with Heated Humidifier and Wifi data upload . I use a nose mask but might look into getting nose plugs. My first night I slept ok I just wanted to introduce myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie Here Just had my first night
Welcome MizRobin,

You will find a lot of help on this forum. I'm fairly new to it myself. I've used CPAP for over 10 years but not consistently. I just got a new data capable Resmed machine in January and decided to get serious about managing my therapy. Initially my data did not look real good but with help from, members of this forum I have reduced my AHI from the low teens to 0.0-2 in just a couple of weeks. I'm not familiar with you machine so I won't give any specific advice. Others with more expertise will advise you on software you can use and how to manage your settings once you are able to provide data on the forum.  I'm sure you will see some responses from them soon.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum MzRobin28,
Ask questions anytime. In the meantime, download the free #SleepyHead software to see what you are missing.

If you are considering a nasal pillow mask, try the ResMed P10.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have the Dreamstation CPAP model rather than the Pro1 or Auto, then Sleepyhead will not provide data. It's helpful when members get involved here before being dispensed a machine because we can steer them to a better unit that provides data to show efficacy. In any event we are here to support your adaptation process and any questions you have.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to stir the pot but the model of PAP that you have is important.
What is the actual model number of your pap (on the bottom)
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome MizRobin
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MzRobin28,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome MizRobin! I'm new to this myself, but you've found an excellent community! This community is incredibly supportive and the depth of knowledge from a lot of the members is staggering.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2017, 05:14 PM)bonjour Wrote: I hate to stir the pot but the model of PAP that you have is important.

I actually only have the Dreamstation CPAP w/ humidifier not the Pro or auto however the machine has both Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities. I'm already been feeling better with a lot more energy and don't drag as much in the mornings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 07:56 AM)MzRobin28 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 05:14 PM)bonjour Wrote: I hate to stir the pot but the model of PAP that you have is important.

I actually only have the Dreamstation CPAP w/ humidifier not the Pro or auto however the machine has both Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities. I'm already been feeling better with a lot more energy and don't drag as much in the mornings.

Thats great that you are feeling better!  That is after all the goal of PAP therapy.  One caveat, and the reason everyone has asked, is that the model you have will not provide you with detailed therapy data which can be used by you or your provider to dial in your therapy.  Your machine only reports summary data for compliance purposes.  Many find that their needs change over time, and the detailed data is crucial to staying on top of your therapy.  At the end of the day, as long as you feel better that's all that really matters!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 134 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 273 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.