Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Here Just had my first night
Howdy MzRobin28!

Welcome

Good luck with your start as a "hosehead".  Make sure you stay with it and if you run into any issues or have questions, many experienced members are here to help - just ask.

PS-- I merged the two threads you started, because they're essentially the same subject matter.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck MzRobin! We were all where you are now so please reach out for any help. Folks on this board are amazing!

I-love-CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 11:54 AM)MzRobin28 Wrote: Hello All,

I am a newbie here, I was diagnosed back in September last year with Sleep Apnea. However I just received my machine yesterday after going through a paperwork hunt and a change of insurance providers due to a new job in October. I was given a Dreamwear CPAP with Heated Humidifier and Wifi data upload . I use a nose mask but might look into getting nose plugs. My first night I slept ok I just wanted to introduce myself.

By nose plugs, I hope you mean a nasal pillows mask.  Very comfortable for most of us.  Look into the Resmed Airfit P10 (for her if you're small).  The upload to your provider and MyAir is by wireless phone line, and that data is very minimal.  Double check what model you have by looking on the lower right-front of the machine below where it says Resmed.  There are 3-models, CPAP, Elite and Autoset.  The CPAP produces minimal useful data, so hope you have one of the others.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from a newbie age237 9 225 03-19-2017, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Yet another newbie - I'm clueless... RandyR 23 638 03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Self test, newbie needs help please bexiesbruv 9 567 02-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bexiesbruv
  newbie brother 78 4 188 02-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  really confused newbie.. SKClay 9 747 12-04-2016, 02:38 AM