Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie - How Long to Feel Better with CPAP use
RE: Newbie - How Long to Feel Better with CPAP use
(12-29-2014, 05:56 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(12-28-2014, 06:59 PM)roe1549 Wrote: I just looked over Sleepyhead for the last month, and the bulk of the hypopaneas are in the 7 to 8 pressure range, also they seem to be during the first hour of sleep or the morning hours when I'm pretty sure I am awake!

I doubt they're occurring while you're fully awake. If the the higher pressure doesn't bother you then it may be advisable to raise the lower limit to 9.

Thanks for your help. The higher pressure doesn't bother me, so I will try it at 9.
When I started CPAP, which was about two months ago, I could hardly tolerate the pressure at 4. :too-funny. At the time, I didn't realize it was harder to breath at 4 than at a higher setting. I felt like I was suffocating at 4. I only learned that through this forum. Thanks again!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie - How Long to Feel Better with CPAP use
Took me about five weeks to get used to the mask and then get to where I am sleeping all through the night, today when I put my mask on its like flipping a light switch.....I'm out. It took my AHI from 106 down to roughly .6 on most nights. I don't feel like the dead anymore I can function all day long and have plenty of energy to run on. Good luck with your therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 229 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 391 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.