Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie - How to balance CAs and EPR and pressure?
RE: Newbie - How to balance CAs and EPR and pressure?
Ok. Last night was a disaster data wise...look at the chart. Strange thing is that I did sleep late today with mask on and I feel better than I have for days.

The only change I made was I went back to a N20 nasal mask and woke up around midnight and later again at 215 struggling to get enough air since my nose had gotten stuffy slowly during the night. I then switched back to the F&P Brevida pillow mask and got plenty of air. Seems like the pillows cut through the stuffiness better. 

I also did the attached analysis of the "under AHI 5" days since I started therapy on August 17 2021. Overall, I had 19 days under AHI 5 out of 58 days of therapy = 33%.  

I have tried every combination possible in terms of pressure settings, fixed vs range, EPR (except have not tried 3) masks, etc.

While it does not make much sense, the lowest AHI days were when I had fixed pressure or 5 or 6 and no EPR. Only thing I can think of is that those low days were right after the day I had an Endoscopy where they pumped me full of oxygen.  

I am just a little lost of how to proceed. Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks. 

Post Reply Post Reply
A quick recommendation; Turn off the 1st short session in the Session Information on the lower left. It is eating valuable real estate in the graph area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it. Thanks. Attached.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 476 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 263 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 291 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.