Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Intro
RE: Newbie Intro
Bluetooth uploads won't work with OSCAR. The only way is manually inserting the SD into a reader or getting a wireless SD card from Toshiba called FlashAir. Some AB members use it. If it comes to that, those that have it working have the correct directions to connect it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks...I found a cheap USB card reader on Amazon and will try that.

Last night was my best night yet...got 8 hours of sleep, never woke up, and no headache or soar throat this morning: AHI: 1.8; Total Clear Airway Apneas: 6, Total Obstruction Apneas: 3, 90% pressure: 9.5, Avg CPAP Pressure: 8.5, Min/Max: 8/18
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you are closing in on some comfortable and effective settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do these mean? Total Clear Airway Apneas: 6, Total Obstruction Apneas: 3 How can it be 3 and 6 but my AHI is only 1.8??
Post Reply Post Reply
You had 9 total events that is divided by hours of sleep to get tha average. Less than 3 an hour is considered as high as is acceptable. Ca is central Apneas and can’t be controlled well with a normal Cpap or BiPap one happen when you just pause breathing without any obstruction. Ob is obstructive apnea that can be caused a number of ways - loss of mask pressure, tucking the chin that cuts oxygen, tongue placement, to low of pressure and more.  The other a small obstruction
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah...the card reader arrived and I now have OSCAR data to be totally confused about! I do like how it shows the snoring and even has 2 different kinds. I need to print out the section on interpreting things.

A couple questions: Does weather effect your results? We had a rain front move in and, last night, my numbers were not good. (AHI: 3.7, Total Clear Airway Apneas: 5, Total Obstruction Apneas: 3, Total Hypopneas: 21. Sleep time was 7:5 hours.) Second question is about the Ramp Start Pressure, which is 4. If I don't use ramp does it ever go on 4? I"m asking because it felt like the pressure wasn't as strong as previous when I started it up. (I just push start, I never push the ramp button.)
Post Reply Post Reply
To get real help from the experts here you need to do a screen shot and post it.  To take the screen shot for OSCAR be on your day you want to show and press F12 button, it formats it for OSCAR.  Before the screen shot put the order of the chart in the correct order so they can see any problems.  As far as the ramp, It should not start in ramp if you just start the machine but you can go into settings and turn it off altogether to make sure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I'll have to post the Oscar chart when I get home...we aren't allowed any personal computers or cell phones here at work. (Classified area)
Post Reply Post Reply

Okay....I'll post the screenshot from my best night (Wednesday) and my worst (last night)...not sure what happened...I made no changes to the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Event counts can vary from night to night, so it helps to focus on symptoms. The emphasis on "how do you feel?" is now more important than data in your therapy. Was there a difference in how it felt upon waking? If so how? Good, bad, or just different aspects?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 476 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 263 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 292 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.