Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Needs Help - Dreamstation 1030X
RE: Newbie Needs Help - Dreamstation 1030X
Congrats on finally having some ASV progress. Certainly only accept the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. As Sleepriders suggests, change DME if needed, as your highest priority is only accept ResMed ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the results from the ASV sleep study. My current status is waiting on call from DME to go pick up my ASV machine. Hopefully that happens this week.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
validate which brand, you know we favor the ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the progress. Caution on 2 things, 1 as bonjour mentioned be sure you accept ResMed, #2 is that my DME Apria played the call to setup pickup time for about 2 weeks before it was real. I just called them every day until it Really happened.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you did significantly better at EPAP 6.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15, than with lower EPAP pressure. I expect that fixed ASV mode will be your prescription, however, you might want to discuss the use of ASVauto mode with your doctor. Fixed ASV with EPAP 6.0 did result in good REM sleep, good SpO2 and low incidence of events, however, ASVauto mode has been very effective when conditions change. It is worth noting that this most successful titration was only run for 32 minutes. The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV with a setting of EPAP min 6.0, EPAP max 8.0, and PS 3 to 15, should prove equally or more effective, and would pick up any stray obstruction.

This looks like a successful titration, so I expect you will get the right equipment and be on your way to good sleep regardless of whether you use ASV or ASVauto mode. Due to the more comfortable delivery of pressure support, I also strongly recommend the Resmed product.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got my ResMed AirCurve machine. It took them a month to fill my prescription. smh

I just took a nap with it and went to upload the data to see my results but neither version of Oscar can read it. Also, everytime I open up Oscar it says "OSCAR will set up a folder for your data. If you have been using sleepyhead.... etc" All of my data is there, but it doesnt seem to read any of it properly. I have to create a new profile every time I open up either version of Oscar. What am I doing wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your data will show up tomorrow. The Resmed therapy day goes from noon to noon, so try again later, and be sure the SD card in in place while you use the machine with the lock off. Congrats on the ASV!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on a Windows laptop with Beta and regular versions of OSCAR. My ASV would save the sleep session info on an unlocked SD card. Then using the SD card to upload to OSCAR, I'd see the data on my Daily.

It seems to be working OK here. I just uploaded to Beta OK. Apparently, I've not used Beta on this laptop and it uploaded all SD charts after a new profile was created. I could see all my old Daily info on regular OSCAR. The caveat is I don't have new daily info. I'm not sure if this is helpful, but here is my observations on what I can do on OSCAR with the ASV data available.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try it again tonight after I sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yea, It's not working. Every time I open up Oscar I have to select what folder I want to use. But it doesnt load any of my data.  I've tried empty folders and ones with tons of data and numerous profiles, no data is displayed at all.

Every time I open up Oscar I have to select the folder and create a new profile. (When I close Oscar, I have to do all of this all over again) I can not get it to display any data. None from my new aircurve 10 and none that has been saved.

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling (most current version and beta version) It appears to import these few new session from my sd card, but it will not display any data. 

Note: This happened before I even started using the resmed. The last time I used the dreamstation, it went through these exact same steps.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 376 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 479 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.