Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Needs Help Please
RE: Newbie Needs Help Please
Once you have OSCAR you will be able to post data for us to review. See the links below for how to organize and post data.

You will need the setup manual to make changes to machine settings. Go the set up manual link at the top of the forum page and follow the instruction to get the manual for your machine. Go here for simple instructions on how to access settings https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

If you have a copy of your sleep study report please post it here with your personal information redacted. If you don’t have a copy you should request a copy as well as a copy of your prescription for your personal records.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The prescription is for 12 pressure but the store set it at 10 to help me get used to it. 12 was hurting my nose and sinuses when using the under the nose kind of mask. I have now switched to Dreamwisp and it seems better. We are in a lockdown here now so I can’t try a bunch of different masks. It’s hard to get through to the store. This is why I wish I could just change the numbers myself.  They will likely adjust it to 12 when I talk to her next week. With the holidays the store is not open as much. At first it was way too tight because the lady in the store adjusted it that way. I have loosen it and it feels better. It is. It leaking. The first couple of nights I was constantly pulling at the mask. I think that I am largely a nose breather. But with this machine I sometimes want to open my mouth and take a big breath. I think I will turn the ramp off and try that tonight. I will take a sleeping pill tonight as well. I am very tired due to lying awake at night. 

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change the numbers yourself.  Order the free Clinicians manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

This will show you how to get to the "secret menu" that clinicians use.  Once there, you can make any changes you wish.  

Just know, that we really do not like making changes without seeing your data.  Be sure you have an SD card in your machine while sleeping.  Then in the morning, download it to OSCAR.

Use the link below to guide you in organizing the graph, and then use the attachment feature to post the daily page here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still unable to sleep with the mask on.  If I take a sleeping pill it helps a little. But I dislike the feeling of something on my face. Last night I left it on for 3.25 hours but I was awake. I can’t keep losing this much sleep. I am exhausted and I have to go back to work next week which means I have to get up earlier and can’t sleep in later to compensate for lost sleep. Can someone help me figure out how to sleep with this mask on?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would get  “pillows mask” ResMed P30 or P30i or p10. All are very small and it should help you.  BTW getting the right mask for YOU is one of the hardest part of getting started.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your current mask and pressure? Any chance you might download and install OSCAR and show us a chart so we can maybe identify any issues?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CanMFT, do you have a laptop or desktop? And is there an SD card in your machine? If so, please download Oscar and post a screenshot of a daily chart. People will be able to do a lot more to help you if you will take those steps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 478 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.