Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie. Not sure if I'll be using a CPAP long term
RE: Newbie. Not sure if I'll be using a CPAP long term
So I downloaded and installed Sleepyhead. Imported from my SD card. Not sure what I am looking at, but definitely looks a lot scarier than the resmed myair website made me believe with the 97-100 thing. Any point in posting any of the sleepyhead stuff in here? What is the format that people use? Screenshot of something?
Post Reply Post Reply
F11 takes you to full screen mode
F12 takes a screen shot
F11 again takes you back to normal
on a windows machine the screenshot will go into your documents folder/sleepyheaddata/screenshots
Post Reply Post Reply
Do people post screenshots on here? Just the summary on the left side or the entire thing?

I read through the FAQ in the forum. At this point, I'm a little overwhelmed, I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are guidelines for posting screenshots of your SleepyHead reports. If you have questions along the way people will help.

www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=SleepyHead_Chart_Organization#Use_F12_to_Take_a_Screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my screenshot from sleepyhead for my last night of using the Wisp mask. I used it for 7 hours. Previous to this night, I had 3 other nights, but was really only able to stand wearing the Wisp mask for an hour each of those nights.

Can't post anymore today, so I'll post the p10 image tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
So far so good. Can you remove the Mask Pressure graph (keep the Pressure graph), and include both the Flow Limit and Snore graphs. You may need to shrink the height of a few of the other graphs a bit to fit them in.

Your machine raises pressure in response to snores and flow limitations (apnea precursors), so it can be useful to look at those graphs as part of the big picture.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stats look ok so far, Mogul.
What kaisgram said is good.
Sounds like you might need to work on
mask comfort so you can go the distance for all night 7 days a week,

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great, very stable therapy pressure. I'd increase the ramp minimum pressure or turn it off. You can see that you are using a lot of effort to breath at that low pressure for the first 25 minutes (see flow rate from start to 23:40). That would be relieved if you increased the starting pressure a bit or just turned off ramp if you can tolerate it. You shouldn't feel like you're sucking air through a straw.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI of 2.32 is goo and you should be able to get that below 1
Your leak rate below 10 looks like the mask is working for you.
Yes lots of pressure changes and activity going on, all while you snooze, the machine is doing a lot and doing it well.

Looks like you will be moving on to fine tuning the CPAP for maximum benefit. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
I would agree that based on what you said in your first post, these graphs show some major benefit. Smile

Hang in there.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 391 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 273 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.