Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Nullus seeking advice
RE: Newbie Nullus seeking advice
Update

Spoke with my primary doctor yesterday about my concerns with sleep apnea treatment that I’ve been getting.

Turns out they really don’t monitor the graphs that the machines send in past the AHI score.

He also was supportive on holding off on supplemental oxygen, he got the order from the pulmonologist that I might benefit from it and assumed that he communicated that with me which he did not. But he also agrees from a treatment perspective that if my mask is coming off due to seal/water that we would be suited to get me squared away in that department where I can produce consistent treatment and then take the sleep 02 again. He congratulated me on my persistence to find out what was going on in my sleep and said that he wished more patients took the time to do the same. Being proactive in your care not only helps you but also your doctor.

So going forward he’s going to personally put in the heated tube order for me, he’s going to order me a F20 mask. And refer me to a pulmonologist that will actually see me and talk to me about my concerns and getting in better with treatment. So now it’s just a matter of finding a mask that I can wear comfortably with minimal leaks.

Oh I also bought a buckwheat pillow and used it for the time last night and slept amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply
So much good news there! A doctor who listens and works WITH you, action going forward, and on top of all that, a good night's sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2021, 12:30 PM)Dormeo Wrote: So much good news there!  A doctor who listens and works WITH you, action going forward, and on top of all that, a good night's sleep!

totally agree!

this buckwheat pillow has been one of the best things ive done for myself in a long time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,806 36 minutes ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 300 8 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 177 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 869 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.