Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Nullus seeking advice
RE: Newbie Nullus seeking advice
I'm unsure of the 11 series, but ResMed 10's could take a special heated hose with oxygen bib built-in near the PAP machine end.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So to keep things short and on topic life has been extremely stressful this month. 

and because of the things I've been worried about, (just the way my mind works) i feel im making things worse.

for instance today i got an AHI score of 25.. never been that high since i tested 42.3 without. had a couple glasses of red wine nothing crazy just 4-5oz each.
the night before that my AHI was 6.54 i had a headache and took 600mg Motrin before bed. not sure if that impacts it..

and now today I'm worried about my report.

to be clear because of what's going on we have moved our sleeping arrangements around, i was on the couch for a couple of nights. our dog was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer so we've been making living arrangements easier for her until we found the diagnosis.

and last night we returned to the bedroom with the mattress on the floor to accommodate her. i was sleeping on my back a lot, but also left side early in the night.

i woke up feeling a big groggy and im wondering if the EPR value is causing C02 issues. as ive noticed at night since some of the changes i can tell my breathing is different from during the day, even when im awake in bed with the mask on, it feels like the CPAP is trying to breath for me. instead of with me.

so im curious about the spikes and why suddenly ive gone from under 1 consistently to now, 1. 2. 3. 6.5 25.3 slowly kind of creeping up. and now im wondering if this is the reason im being prescribed oxygen while sleeping. 

initially i think the changes felt good but now im wondering if its a combination of the treatment, and stress?

i used to LOVE going to sleep. now since starting CPAP i absolutely hate sleeping. i feel like i slept better without this machine and all the complications its brought to my life. i used to be able to lay down, watch TV pass out and wake up feeling great ready to start the day. now im waking up every few hours it seems to a stuffy nose, clogged nose, dry mouth, mask leak. whatever. and im kind of down and out on my self, if im being honest.

to better days.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's just cut right to it, this was a very bad night. You'll need to dig deep to find a positive other than you survived. Your CA and other events were a trainwreck. Leaks were high. SpO2 drops were evident.

OK, so it's what it is. I suggest you stand up, dust yourself off, try again tonight. Realize this, one bad night should not ruin your entire hope that therapy will help. This is a one night trend. Go ahead, toss this one in the trash can.

As for EPR, I think due to pressure differential effects, it should leverage higher ventilation not lower. But yes, EPR can induce or create fertile ground for CA to sprout.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a couple 10-minute views of your CA events. Let's see if we can see anything there.

BUT I'm with Dave that this is a 1-night trend.
Keep using your O2 Ring. It did its job, it raised an alert and action was taken. On accuracy, unless you used the ring and the doctor's equip at the same time you don't know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2021, 11:50 AM)Gideon Wrote: Post a couple 10-minute views of your CA events.  Let's see if we can see anything there.

BUT I'm with Dave that this is a 1-night trend.  
Keep using your O2 Ring.  It did its job, it raised an alert and action was taken.  On accuracy, unless you used the ring and the doctor's equip at the same time you don't know.

Thank you for looking into this for me. all advice is appreciated very much. 

i think i have it all within the requested time frames, im still trying to learn my way around the software. if more is needed or a closer view let me know.

Thank you again.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2021, 11:06 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Let's just cut right to it, this was a very bad night. You'll need to dig deep to find a positive other than you survived. Your CA and other events were a trainwreck. Leaks were high. SpO2 drops were evident.

OK, so it's what it is. I suggest you stand up, dust yourself off, try again tonight. Realize this, one bad night should not ruin your entire hope that therapy will help. This is a one night trend. Go ahead, toss this one in the trash can.

As for EPR, I think due to pressure differential effects, it should leverage higher ventilation not lower. But yes, EPR can induce or create fertile ground for CA to sprout.

I appreciate the tough love. the previous night was high also, or at least higher than I've ever had on CPAP so im just confused and trying to weed through all this information ive been given without information in the last month, except all the wonderful help ive had here. 

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2021, 12:29 PM)Nullus Wrote: Thank you for looking into this for me. all advice is appreciated very much. 

i think i have it all within the requested time frames, im still trying to learn my way around the software. if more is needed or a closer view let me know.

Thank you again.

This is at the end. what's interesting to me as i zoom in for these is how well my oxygen appears to look through out these events until the last page here where things look bad. but im also uneducated in this lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Best possible advice is never quit. Stop and smell the frying bacon and get a big hot cup of coffee.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very heavily flow limited, all 4
1st chart I'd completely ignore, it is too close to your start so I'd say SWJ/Sleep-Wake-Junk.  Your breathing is very irregular, common in wake breathing.  Nothing here implies CO2-induced breathing so either breath-holding which would be very common near the start, or idiopathic CA.

2nd chart from 23:43:30 on is CO2 induced breathing the rest idiopathic CA

3rd chart again heavily flow limited, and idiopathic CA.

4th chart from 04:41:20 - 04:42:20 the reduced height means less air exchange and the following spO2 dip was likely caused by this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2021, 01:36 PM)Gideon Wrote: Very heavily flow limited, all 4
1st chart I'd completely ignore, it is too close to your start so I'd say SWJ/Sleep-Wake-Junk.  Your breathing is very irregular, common in wake breathing.  Nothing here implies CO2-induced breathing so either breath-holding which would be very common near the start, or idiopathic CA.

2nd chart from 23:43:30 on is CO2 induced breathing the rest idiopathic CA

3rd chart again heavily flow limited, and idiopathic CA.

4th chart from 04:41:20 - 04:42:20 the reduced height means less air exchange and the following spO2 dip was likely caused by this.

When I spoke with the sleep therapist she said my sleep study had no CSA events. And I’ve only noticed the CSA events on the charts since I started making changes, recently.

With that said, is there any adjustments I should make in the machine for tonight? Or should I just roll with these settings again and see how the night goes?

I was trying to actively stop breathing so shallow last night to see if it would improve my sleep rating from the night before, when the ring would vibrate letting me know my oxygen dipped below 90 I would try to stomach breath for full breath taking to get my oxygen back up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 176 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,544 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 174 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 329 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 466 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.