Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Nullus seeking advice
RE: Newbie Nullus seeking advice
Change EPR from Ramp Only to Fulltime

Don't look at the lows, they only say to look deeper or not.  Look at the %O2 Durations, your <90% time: 3m:40s  bad enough to say watch it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your experiment sounds like a good one. But I wouldn’t describe your O2 as “pretty bad.” You had less than 4 minutes under 90, and the one low spike may well be a momentary loss of contact with the sensor.

Zero under 90 would obviously be better, but don’t worry too much about these readings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely defer to Gideon’s “watch it.”
Post Reply Post Reply
What’s strange to me and why I don’t feel confident in this ring is because shortly after I got my machine I used the ring and this was my reading then.

Nothing has really changed over this short amount of time and my readings aren’t consistently that bad. 

What is the range for bad good better best for <90% time?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve measured my sp02 throughout the whole day as well. I’m averaged 94-97% I would think if I had some underlying disease it would present itself through the day as well. I’m sort of convinced that the nasal mask probably isn’t the best for me. And I’ll try wearing the face mask tonight with the ring.
Post Reply Post Reply
woke up feel pretty good this morning. my mouth was dry so i think ill need to adjust the humidity a bit, but other than that i feel much better.

i changed epr to full time 

in concern of the sp02 levels. i changed the mask last night to the F30i and that alone reduced my numbers pretty significantly. ive aslo been drinking more than usual due to my girlfriends birthday celebrations which i personally believe is helping to attributing to the hypopneas

Post Reply Post Reply
O2 levels are usually lower during sleep than during the day. From a UCSF web site: "Everyone's oxygen levels in the blood are lower during sleep, due to a mildly reduced level of breathing. Also, some alveoli drop out of use during sleep."

Here's some information about O2 levels during sleep:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8989066/
Post Reply Post Reply
had a hard time last night. little waves of anxiety for some reason, and horrible moisture problems in the tube. so i was getting up and taking the mask off to spin water out of the tube and go back to sleep so as you can see theres a few gaps.

i didnt drink any alcohol last night. and im a little surprised about the Sp02 levels. im going to buy a compatible device that works with oscar. 

my thought process is, if im maintaining 94-97% during the day. and im only getting these drops at night while i sleep without any sort of consistency it could be the ring and contacts.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do adjust the temperature if you have a heated hose and/or use a fleece hose cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been O2 all day. Your small desaturation is not a problem. I would watch it maybe once every 2 weeks but really you have dips in saturation that are not large but also short in duration.

My pulmonary Dr said lower than 88% for 2 to 3 minutes should be addressed- less not to worry about it. That was his suggestion 10 years ago. When he retired 3 years ago I specifically asked the new Dr and he told me the same thing.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 257 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 129 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.