Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Nullus seeking advice
RE: Newbie Nullus seeking advice
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)Nullus Wrote: ..... im going to buy a compatible device that works with oscar. 

Just curious, if you are using the computer software for the O2ring, does OSCAR not import it using "Import Viatom/Wellue Data"?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
well i think the changes are creating CSA events due to incorrect pressure. ive never had a AHI above 1 since starting treatment, and now i do a test where i havent had any sort of alcohol or sedative substances and i have a 2.0 of course i also had my in home sp02 test last night so im sure im going to go take a bunch of tests now based on the reading this found lol...

i might need to turn down the pressure or turn ramp back to auto.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2021, 12:48 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Just curious, if you are using the computer software for the O2ring, does OSCAR not import it using "Import Viatom/Wellue Data"?

the data i get off my ring is pdf or csv only. so that import wont work.

i dont think it matters now anyway. according to this "Nonin" watch i wore last night comparing the two my ring or the medical device from the hospital is inaccurate.

my ring is 72 heart rate 97% sp02

medical device is 81 heart rate 95% sp02

huge difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your readings can vary depending on where on your body the sensor is placed and how strong your pulse is at a particular location. The optical oxygen sensors are operating within their error bands of approximately 2%.  Readings between 90% and 100% are good so a couple of points difference is insignificant. Desaturations  for any significant time below 90% are cause for concern.
Post Reply Post Reply
NN, you had one CA. The rest of your events were OAs and Hs. A few CAs during the night are completely inconsequential.
Post Reply Post Reply
You really have no O2 saturation problems. Your numbers AHI are fine - they will change nightly. In all you are doing great, nothing to worry about. 

You need to focus on “how you feel” not numbers.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for all the replies in regard to my sp02 levels. the only reason this came up was because it was brought up as a concern, and i as a new CPAP user had no idea that my levels would still be low - with air being forced into my body. it came as a suggestion from someone on reddit to monitor it, use OSCAR and come here for suggestions on how to actually use my machine and therapy. I also just found out last week that my sp02 levels were low and that the doctor was concerned about needing to add supplemental oxygen if i spent a significant amount of time under 90% and that if the levels came back low with CPAP treatment i would need to my primary do a bunch of tests to see what is causing that... so thats where all this is coming from and of course my lack of understanding from this entirely new lifestyle.

in any event, this is my chart from last night. i notice now that im sleeping longer and resting fuller with the changes. i am waking up more tired though but that can possibly be my "sleep debt" ive heard some talk about.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart looks great! Here's some information about sleep debt:

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-slee...h-up-sleep

You might also experiment with making the time for a bit more sleep. You may be one of those people who needs a solid 8+ hours, starting with the time you fall asleep rather than the time you go to bed.

If you get an Oscar-compatible oximeter, please post a chart or two (staying in this thread).
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers do look good. You have some flow limits that MIGHT do better with a higher min

If you want to try I would raise the min to 8 and see if that helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the feed back and sleep debt link. ill up to 8 tonight and see how it goes, nothing wrong with testing things.  when i up the value do i leave everything else the same? like the full time and such?

also as far as the sp02 sensor goes - ive been trying to figure out where to buy them at? the ones posted on amazon had a few reviews that claimed knock offs, and comparing the pictures of the ones shown to the companies website they do look a little..... questionable. does anyone have a link to where they have bought theirs? or a place to buy an authentic model?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 277 54 minutes ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,794 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.