Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Nullus seeking advice
RE: Newbie Nullus seeking advice
(11-17-2021, 02:39 PM)Nullus Wrote: Thank you for the feed back and sleep debt link. ill up to 8 tonight and see how it goes, nothing wrong with testing things.  when i up the value do i leave everything else the same? like the full time and such?

Nullus, not sure what "value" you're referring to.  I was referring to the total amount of sleep you get per night.

also as far as the sp02 sensor goes - ive been trying to figure out where to buy them at? the ones posted on amazon had a few reviews that claimed knock offs, and comparing the pictures of the ones shown to the companies website they do look a little..... questionable. does anyone have a link to where they have bought theirs? or a place to buy an authentic model?

On this site, we aren't allowed to post links to commercial sites.  But look at the Supplier List link at the top of the page and see whether any of those companies offer the right kind of oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
My mistake, i was responding to staceyburke about the increase in flow. i hit reply with qoute but i guess it didnt do it.

[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/User-staceyburke][/url]
thank you, ill check the supplier list.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
well im feeling better this morning. im not sure why the system says it cant read some files, i did make the pressure changes from 7 to 8

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good news that you feel better. Keep your current settings for now, and keep trying to get 8+ hours of sleep. You may have the winning formula here.

If the "can't read files" message persists, try posting about the problem to the software forum:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-S...port-Forum
Post Reply Post Reply
well im super irritated about this. 

got a phone call this morning from Apria saying that i need to have an oxygen machine delivered per my doctors order.

I havent heard anything from my doctor yet about why, but im going to assume its from the at home sp02 test i was told to take while i sleep.

what i dont get it, is what ive said before. my day time levels are 96-98%

if this 02 ring is accurate then the only time im having low drops in oxygen is when i sleep and at that time i am sleeping i dip below 90% 3min out of an 8 hour sleep..

im waiting for a call back from the doctor as this is crazy to me. i know people with diagnosed COPD and people who use nebulizers for their asthma that dont use oxygen machines. 

i feel fine. im sleeping better with the machine. im not falling asleep during the day. the effect this is taking on my mental well being is starting to be high because im 41 and in the last 6 months supposedly i stop breathing in my sleep and i need to be placed on sup oxygen with a full blown oxygen machine. i can run ride a bike keep up with my kid. work all day in a labor intensive job and im fine.. so for 3 minutes a day a dip below 90% sat i need full oxygen support?

gotta be kidding. this is a wild year.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would believe that possibly the doc saw something that was easy for him or her to submit to insurance for approval for supplemental oxygen. They aren't approving unless it's definitely needed.

Take my experience as example, been diagnosed with COPD for several years, have inhalers and nebulizer, 6 minute walk test states SpO2 at 90, equals no supplemental oxygen.

I don't think doc is doing extra work to get you on oxygen because he was bored.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The O2 might be just for when you're asleep. If that's right, the O2 line will feed into your PAP.

I can see why this is unsettling, and shame on the doctor for very poor communication. He ought to have talked with you first to explain the what and when and why. If you don't get a call-back soon, call again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, just got off the phone with the doctor and confirmation of my belief in that these home sp02 monitoring devices aren’t accurate. 

Before CPAP I was 42.3 AHI - 12% under 90 

With CPAP I’m 0.5/0.1 AHI with - 7.3% under 90

Which means 4.7% reduction with CPAP

Now according to them I was asleep for 8 hours and was under 90% for a total of 34 minutes.

According to my ring that night I was only under for 2.5 minutes. I have the wellue 02 ring.

So because of that I need to be put on supplemental oxygen at 2liters until my condition improves or they find out what’s wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now it's easier to understand the doctor's treatment plan. Some questions: Has someone explained how to use the O2 at night? How will the results be monitored? And what are the next steps for finding out what's wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
Guess is as good as mine. My doctor ordered it, then went on thanksgiving leave. But the therapist told me that they would recheck again after a month of treatment. Basically there’s a T that put on my cpap tube and it bleeds oxygen in. 

I have to wait for my primary to return to hear what he wants to do. 

Also she told me that changes the settings in an auto cpap machine shouldn’t be necessary… when she reviewed my machine use. I dunno why she felt the need to say that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 6 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 174 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 132 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 191 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.