Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Nullus seeking advice
RE: Newbie Nullus seeking advice
You have not offended me at all. I was given the impression that you're here asking what to do and made mention of implementing things after several months of trying where you're at now on the settings after the default reset. I'm certainly not saying change things every day, especially if there's no reason. But I'm also not saying you should wait weeks or months either. Trying settings for week? Sure unless something is really off or bad.

I'll withdraw all my suggestions as others better at it than I have given suggestions. The gurus like Sleeprider and Gideon are the best there is at this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nullus, about mask removal: some people have good luck putting medical adhesive tape across the mask straps, anchored on the skin of the face on both sides. The tug on the skin alerts them to their unwanted mask-removing effort, and with time, the mask-removing efforts get less and less frequent and eventually go away. I hope that will help you. (Another approach: put mittens or socks over your hands, if that might prevent you from removing your particular type of mask.)
Post Reply Post Reply
02 stable again

no adjustments made, if pattern continues into the weekend ill start adjusting slowly one thing at a time.

dip in 02 levels again on video of me taking the mask off because of rain out and not putting it back on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
To prevent rainout, try using a fleecy hose cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2021, 12:14 PM)Dormeo Wrote: To prevent rainout, try using a fleecy hose cover.

I do have a heated hose on order but they appear to be two-three weeks out according to apria.

I was just looking into what people use to prevent this, thank you for the idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a SnuggleHose tube cover in addition to he Resmed heatedt tube. Makes the tubing softer and more comfortable and stabilizes temperature better. One of the best comfort investments you can make.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2021, 01:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I use a SnuggleHose tube cover in addition to he Resmed heatedt tube. Makes the tubing softer and more comfortable and stabilizes temperature better.  One of the best comfort investments you can make.

Thank you for the tip. I’ll definitely check them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
adjusted my settings a little last night. 

02 still stable

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to see you're not having any O2 problems. I'd suggest you turn off your ramp, especially given the large number of breaks in therapy. That way you'll have your therapeutic levels of pressure throughout. I doubt you'll miss having the ramp on, though if you do, you can always restart it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2021, 11:50 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Glad to see you're not having any O2 problems.  I'd suggest you turn off your ramp, especially given the large number of breaks in therapy.  That way you'll have your therapeutic levels of pressure throughout.  I doubt you'll miss having the ramp on, though if you do, you can always restart it.

I was trying to figure that out last night. But I was able to get sorted this afternoon. 

I’m about to buy a heated hose on my own because even with a blanket wrapped around my hose The biggest problem I’m having right now is the rain out. That loud thundering roar and drips in my mask is awaking.. but when I turn it down my mouth gets dry and my nose gets stuffy. Lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 383 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 131 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.